Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Italy earned a Wikipedia entry: CHOKE

According to FIBA.com they missed five straight freethrows with one second left , losing 68-71 to Lithuania.

Italy will be cursed forever for stealing the 2006 World Cup with diving and insults.

Argentina is also through with a comfortable 79-62 win, despite shooting 1-18 from 3pt land.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:35 AM   #2
AKADS
Decent college freshman

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Ouch.

Well i guess it is official Kobe did grow up in Italy,
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:39 AM   #3
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Ouch.

Well i guess it is official Kobe did grow up in Italy,

Let's forget the countless game winners.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Let's forget the countless game winners.
Shoot enough and u will sink some.

PS it was a joke but i forgot Kobe fans have 0 personality when it comes to him.

But seriously he isn't clutch. Sleeps with ugly white chicks, acts like he is hard. Could he be any more Italian.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:50 AM   #5
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I knew you were joking or else I would go into detail about his clutchness.

Kobe fan-1
Hater-0

Old 08-26-2006, 03:51 AM   #6
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

6/19 from the FT line... aweful. For a team so good from the 3 point line.. they sure don't practise their FTs enough.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:53 AM   #7
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I knew you were joking or else I would go into detail about his clutchness.

Kobe fan-1
Hater-0

He is not clutch. He shoots every game deciding shot and misses more then he hits.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:54 AM   #8
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
6/19 from the FT line... aweful. For a team so good from the 3 point line.. they sure don't practise their FTs enough.
Shaq is Italian?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #9
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
He is not clutch. He shoots every game deciding shot and misses more then he hits.

Tiger Woods looses 75% of competitions but he's arguably the best golfer ever. Kobe misses a lot because he gets doubled all the time when the game is on the line and I rather trust him shooting with 2 defenders on him than Odom who got the chance to be clutch at least 5 times and missed or either did a stupid turnover or when Kobe passes the ball to Luke who decides not to shoot a wide open shot but to pass back to Kobe who is defended by 3 guys and can't get a shot up. Does any other superstar get doubled with the game on the line? Not Lebron,Not Wade nor T-mac.

You can't judge clutchness by statistics when it comes to Kobe. If you could,coaches would select Terry as the guy they want with the ball in their hands with 4 secs left but they chose Kobe because he can create his own shot and no matter how much times he misses,defenders fear him in the last mins of a game and so do coaches.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:15 AM   #10
AKADS
Decent college freshman

LeBron and other get doubled all the time and pass out of it all the time.
If they are not doubled it cause they pass from time to time and teams are afraid to give a player a wide open shot. No one fears Kobe in the last minute cause u know he is goin to shoot and you can double team him. Coaches fear player like Nash who has the ability to do so many thing you don't know how to play against them.

Never compare golf to basketball
Old 08-26-2006, 04:20 AM   #11
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
LeBron and other get doubled all the time and pass out of it all the time.
If they are not doubled it cause they pass from time to time and teams are afraid to give a player a wide open shot. No one fears Kobe in the last minute cause u know he is goin to shoot and you can double team him. Coaches fear player like Nash who has the ability to do so many thing you don't know how to play against them.

Never compare golf to basketball

Lebron has the shooters. Kobe has who? Name one shooter on the Lakers? That's why the Lakers signed Vladmir. He can shoot the three when Kobe passes it to him. There was a survey with NBA coaches and over 70% of them chose Kobe to have the last second shot. I'll try to find it.

Here I found one that was done in the 2002-2003 season by general managers

Oct. 22: Who is the player most likely to make a last-second shot if a game depended on it?
Kobe Bryant - 42.3%
Reggie Miller - 38.5%
Michael Jordan - 15.4%
Allen Iverson - 3.8%

Last edited by Kobe24 : 08-26-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:23 AM   #12
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
There was a survey with NBA coaches and over 70% of them chose Kobe to have the last second shot. I'll try to find it.

97% of NBA coaches arenīt his coach, they want the Lakers to lose and 70% want him to take the last shot. Think.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:24 AM   #13
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Game 4 against Suns. Made shot to force it into overtime then made the shot to win the game. Yeah he missed the Shot in game 6. but can't make them all, you know?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:28 AM   #14
Kobe24
Banned

Here's another one with gm's in 2004-2005

Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 100.0%

Kobe Bryant Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 81.0%

Nuff said but I could go on
Old 08-26-2006, 04:29 AM   #15
Kobe24
Banned

http://www.nba.com/preview2004/gmsurvey_mvp.html
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: