Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Douglas-Roberts Thought He Was a Top 20 Pick; Refused Workouts Bottom 1st Round Teams

Pretty interesting stuff:

Quote:
Shep filled in for Jamie yesterday on the WDFN morning show and one of the callers said that he was at CDR's house on draft night. CDR told everyone there (according to this mystery caller) that he did not feel he fit with Detroit and had no interest in being a Piston and wanted to go to a team that ran more. I was working that morning and heard this exchange and I decided to do a little research.
It turns out that the caller (CDR's friend) was right on the money. Douglas-Roberts believed that there was no way he would drop to #29 and likely felt like it was an insult to even believe that he would be available to play for a team like Detroit drafting that low. I talked to someone who knows CDR and he told me that Douglas-Roberts thought he was a top 20 lock. In addition, the Pistons did call CDR's people and offered to work him out. There was no workout. He did not come to the Palace. Now you know the story and the kid ended up going to New Jersey at #40.

http://wdfn.com/pages/mattdery.html?_show

Quote:

AUBURN HILLS -- There's a part of the NBA draft process that's seldom talked about, but plays as big a role as any in who a team selects.
It's the part where draft prospects decide which teams to work out, and which ones to blow off.

Having covered soon-to-be pro athletes in football and basketball for more than 15 years, I've seen a lot of guys screw this process up.
And we saw quite a few guys get this painfully wrong Thursday night.
The thing that disturbs me - and I would imagine, most fans - is how a lot of these soon-to-be-millionaires just don't seem to get it.

Playing in the NBA is more than just a job; it's a VIP pass into a lifestyle that few ever understand and even fewer gain admittance into. So to see draft prospects take all this for granted, before they even get to the league, is disturbing.

Sadly, Memphis' Chris Douglas-Roberts, a Detroit native, falls into this category.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...not_a_goo.html

Last edited by insidehoops : 06-28-2008 at 06:48 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Douglas-Roberts Thought He Was a Top 20 Pick; Refused Workouts Bottom 1st Round T

good article by sherrod. I guess that explains not taking him, but bill walker? at 41 or whatever. cause he doesnt want to play in europe? really? for trent plastered?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Douglas-Roberts Thought He Was a Top 20 Pick; Refused Workouts Bottom 1st Round T

kid has a big ego already, i can see him being a problem if he doesnt get his playing time.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Douglas-Roberts Thought He Was a Top 20 Pick; Refused Workouts Bottom 1st Round Teams

That was a stupid move on his part, because a lot of times, teams that pick low in the first round trade up to get a player they want.

So a team picking at 28 might trade that pick and a future no. 1 pick to get a player they want earlier in the draft.

Dumb move by him.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Douglas-Roberts Thought He Was a Top 20 Pick; Refused Workouts Bottom 1st Round Teams

I think if this kid can develop, he'll be viewed as a second round steal in a few years.

I was impressed with New Jersey on Draft day, Dumped RJ for cap space. Got Yi,Brook Lopez,Anderson,and CDR.

They need some time to develop to be a real threat, but if they Net Lebron that'd be great. Jay-Z and Lebron have great ties so you never know. And if they don't get Lebron they'll have cap space for another All-Star in the future.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
kid has a big ego already, i can see him being a problem if he doesnt get his playing time.
Oh, he'll get the playing time w/o RJ
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dumb move on his part and the people around him who not onyl supported but also said he was a lock to go top 20. Listening to posters here during the draft scream CDR, CDR, CDR I mean really. I dont know why people are so high on this kid. You're gonna be dissapointed.

Much like Joe Forte fans
Much like Rodney Carney fans

So on and so forth.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

CDR is a second coming of Lawrence Moten. Or Scotty Thurman. Casual fans have been high on him because they only see what they feed them to see, but knowledgable ones knew all along that he wouldn't be a first round pick.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Well im happy. I wanted him at 21 but the Nets passed on him and instead got him at 40. He's 205pounds(last i heard), great intangibles, good defender, semi elite scorer...

Steal.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well it appears if he would have worked out with those teams he would have been a first round pick.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
RajonKGcelts
Time to repeat

RajonKGcelts is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i thought he'd maybe drop, even to the Celts but man, he dropped far. He sounds like a dbag already, but talent wise the Nets got a steal
RajonKGcelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

that's a really stupid move on his part.

His swag is mean
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I didn't hear anybody here talking about him getting picked before 20 BEFORE the draft.

He was on some mock drafts later, going as late as NO Hornets.

I still feel the Cavs should taken him.

Irregardless, I don't see how he hurt himself. I don't know that an extra workout or two would have moved him up very far. There isn't a lot of money for rookie contracts anymore outside of the top 10 picks anyways.

As people said, if he's really a player, he'll be regarded as a steal, like Latrell Sprewell, Michael Redd, etc. etc. If he can't play, it won't matter.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

That's cool, I'm just happy the Nets got him!

That also doesn't really explained no one drafted him 31-39 though...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #15
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
CDR is a second coming of Lawrence Moten. Or Scotty Thurman. Casual fans have been high on him because they only see what they feed them to see, but knowledgable ones knew all along that he wouldn't be a first round pick.
uh...what? knowlegable fans?
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: