Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default How good do you think Beasley will be?

Michael Beasley

Michael Paul Beasley[1] (born January 9, 1989, in Frederick, Maryland) is an American basketball player recently drafted by the Miami Heat. Beasley stands 6 feet 8.25 inches (203.8 cm),[2] plays both forward positions, and shoots his jump shot left-handed. He is also ambidextrous. Beasley played basketball for Kansas State University for one year before declaring for the NBA draft on April 14, 2008.[3] Beasley's parents are Fatima Smith and Michael Beasley Sr. He has two brothers, Leroy and Malik, and two younger sisters, Mychaela and Tiffany. He was drafted by the Miami Heat with the 2nd overall pick in 2008. Beasley has yet to sign a contract with the NBA

(from wikipedia)

Last edited by 305Baller : 06-29-2008 at 06:34 PM.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
lacasner
unpopular truth

lacasner has not been impressing people
Default Re: How good do you think Beasley will be?

Umm...he'll be pretty darn good
lacasner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You actually think people are going to read all that crap?
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

fixed it.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I think he'll be a star version of Ryan Gomes
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Depending on the offense ran in his prime he put up 22-24/10 rebounds. Wont be a franchise player but will be a more then legit scorer and will have his BIG games.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

i think he's as sure of a thing as there is in this draft. i'd say at his peak he'll be averaging low 20's with 12 boards. it'll be fun to watch him and dwade together next year. he seems like a good guy and i think hes got the upper hand for rookie of the year.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

poor man's charles barkley. hopefully
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

20 and 12 career player, instant contributer, Glen Robinson-esque career, as far as statistics are concerned. Probably more respected and less slept on, though. I hope so anyway.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
305Baller
Dos minutos.

Will he be better than Antoine Walker?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #11
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beasley has potential to be a future MVP but I see him as a future All Star for now.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I think Mayo is the best player in this draft.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
305Baller
Dos minutos.

So definetely better than Walker?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

No way Beasley averages 12 rpg. I think he'll be more like a 25 and 8 guy in his peak and maybe a 22/7 guy for his career.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #15
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

I think before the draft, most people were dead on with the glen robinson/carmelo anthony comparisons. I thought he might be a great scorer in the league but one who puts up 25-30 on a lousy team for his career. The best thing that could have happened to him did when the bulls passed on him and he got picked by the Miami Heat. Dwayne Wade and Alonzo Mourning (i assume he doesnt retire, but if he does i bet he will still help out with the heat) can help him out tremendously with his development. I think people are really underestimating this point. When Anthony was a rookie, his vetern leadership was Andre Miller, Voshon Lenard, and Marcus Camby. Not that they are bad guys, but they definitely arent the same type of leaders as Wade and Mourning. Glenn Robinson had no "leaders" of note on his rookie year team... unless you consider Vin Baker the leader at the bar.

Wade and Mourning will teach Beasley how to be a professional, what it takes to win, and how to become a leader. They will be great influences on him. It is a MUST that the heat get rid of ricky davis. He is not a good influence on young players. The same could be said of Shawn Marion, however I think he was just tired of the situation in phoenix and I do not think he would be a bad influence. Udonis Haslem is also a solid vetern, hard worker, who can teach Beasley a thing or two.

Had the Bulls pick Beasley, the leadership would have been Chris Duhon, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Luol Deng (who is still very young)... none of which have the same impact as Mourning and Wade. Derrick Rose will be fine without that presence because he is a leader himself and already a mature person and player. Beasley, by all accounts, is not. I think Rose could have succeeded in either Chicago or Miami, I think Beasley's best bet out of the two for success is Miami.

Some people may disagree with me since the whole "South Beach" thing, but if you look at those leaders on Miami... Beasley is in great shape. I think the ceiling on Beasley grew when he was picked by a team with great vetern leadership. With the aide of those guys, he could end up being a 25 ppg guy on a championship caliber team down the road, as opposed to a 25 ppg on medicore teams like glenn robinson or carmelo.

It will be interesting to see if my thoughts on this come true.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: