Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board
Default video footage of Chamberlain 100 point game?????????

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8J8cWFnc1w

you see beginning at 5:40 in video?
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: video footage of Chamberlain 100 point game?????????

He only scored 100 points because of the WEAK era of athleticism on the other teams.Happy BULLS?
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

No footage exist, on radio and a few pictures from the game.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

lol at the beginning
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
isn't that too bad, it would be nice for that to be part of the NBA achives
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

Quote:

thanks i was confused at first
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
isn't that too bad, it would be nice for that to be part of the NBA achives
You know what sucks, after that game, they still didn't start to record every single NBA game played. The league should have been like "wow, he scored 100 points, we can't miss anything like this again?" It took them until the 81-82 season to record every single NBA game. So even from 62 to 81 no footage exist of Wilts other high scoring/rebounding games, the Gervin/Thompson battle from 78, plenty of Big O trip-double games, ect.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:08 AM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You know what sucks, after that game, they still didn't start to record every single NBA game played. The league should have been like "wow, he scored 100 points, we can't miss anything like this again?" It took them until the 81-82 season to record every single NBA game. So even from 62 to 81 no footage exist of Wilts other high scoring/rebounding games, the Gervin/Thompson battle from 78, plenty of Big O trip-double games, ect.
well if you read up on the history of TV and the NBA even playoff games were not recorded, i forget the exact number but the NBA went for a couple few years without any form of TV contract during the 60's selling the finals games to the highest bidders and even those if i remeber right were shown only on the weekends...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #9
highhopes
RUN!!!

highhopes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
thanks i was confused at first

There were only a few hundred people in the crowd (if that, I think it was 132 people attended the game) as well during his 100 point game. That crowd looks to be well over a few thousand people. I think they just put on a video along with the voice.
highhopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #10
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ball hog.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #11
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

That's what I've been saying. Almost all real footage of Wilt and others like Oscar, Baylor and West (and when I say "real footage", I mean footage from whole games) is taken from some out-of-prime games and definitely not from games considered among their best. So do other all-time classics. And, yes, the footage Scott Pippen showed can't be from the 100-point game, especially the claimed 100-point, which wasn't scored that way.

Quote:
There were only a few hundred people in the crowd (if that, I think it was 132 people attended the game) as well during his 100 point game. That crowd looks to be well over a few thousand people. I think they just put on a video along with the voice.

It was actually 4,132, but again, the rest of the curcumstances don't agree.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To add to this, though, I firmly believe that many great games from that era exist, but haven't come out of the shelves. Remember the "Havlicek stole the ball" play? Who really believes that only the final seconds of that game were caught in film? Not me.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
D-Fence
Great young streetballer

D-Fence has decent reputation

From what I understand, especially if I were to take the word of Richie Guerin (the star of the losing team that game), the 100-point game would be dissappointing to most if it existed on film. What, by the end of the game, it was a foul-fest, Chamberlain wasn't playing defense, everyone already knew who was going to win, and both teams were focused on 100--preventing it or aiding it. I'd rather watch one of those close Finals games between the Hawks and Celtics... but they don't exist on film either, supposedly.
D-Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
To add to this, though, I firmly believe that many great games from that era exist, but haven't come out of the shelves. Remember the "Havlicek stole the ball" play? Who really believes that only the final seconds of that game were caught in film? Not me.
Erg, that clip gets on my nerves. One for the fact that I've never actually seen the game (another game that bothers me for lack of circulation and I'm not even sure if there's video is Game 7 of the 1957 Finals with it ending on a final shot missed by the Hawks from an inbounds pass riccocheted of the backboard). Two, everyone talks about Havlicek stealing the ball (although wouldn't credit go to Same Jones for actually recovering the ball) mainly because that's what Johnny Most is exclaiming about, but no one ever talks about the crappy inbounds pass that Hal Greer, I would like to know what the hell he was thinking on that play (was he trying to send it into the backcourt and just not get enough air under it?).
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
D-Fence
Great young streetballer

D-Fence has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Two, everyone talks about Havlicek stealing the ball (although wouldn't credit go to Same Jones for actually recovering the ball) mainly because that's what Johnny Most is exclaiming about, but no one ever talks about the crappy inbounds pass that Hal Greer, I would like to know what the hell he was thinking on that play (was he trying to send it into the backcourt and just not get enough air under it?).
And before Hal Greer couldn't make an inbounds pass, Bill Russell turned the ball over trying to make an inbounds pass by accidently throwing it against the wire supporting the basket, which is how the 76ers got the ball.
D-Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: