Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Old Euro Game... Drazen VS Sabonis

Last edited by gencbiba : 08-13-2008 at 01:17 AM.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Old Euro Game... Drazen VS Sabonis

Petrovic>>>Sabonis
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Sabonis is the reason for the Dream team ever being created. He owned David Robinson in the olympics. The olympic team had to start using stars from the NBA to compete in the olympics. Sabonis was like Shaq but with way more skill. He could shoot, hook shot, incredible passer, turn around jumpers.

Sabonis is the greatest European player ever. Even Sabonis with injuries and ruined knees coming to the NBA had a solid career.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Sabonis is the reason for the Dream team ever being created. He owned David Robinson in the olympics. The olympic team had to start using stars from the NBA to compete in the olympics. Sabonis was like Shaq but with way more skill. He could shoot, hook shot, incredible passer, turn around jumpers.

Sabonis is the greatest European player ever. Even Sabonis with injuries and ruined knees coming to the NBA had a solid career.
pretty much my feelings as well. The best center of the recent era, but it was all played outside of the nba (at his peak at least). by the time he got over here, he was hobbling around and still anchored one of the best teams of that era. loved those jailblazers.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Lets not forget who was in the finals with the Dream Team. Croatia led by Petrovic. I believe they were up at half time, though eventually, the team packed with 10 of the 50 greatest NBA players ever provailed.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Lets not forget who was in the finals with the Dream Team. Croatia led by Petrovic. I believe they were up at half time, though eventually, the team packed with 10 of the 50 greatest NBA players ever provailed.

They weren't up. The 1st half ended 56-42 for the USA. BTW, of course Lithuania couldn't reach the final, since they were the Dream Team's opponents in the semifinal.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really can't remember watching Drazen much. But from everything I hear he seems like a Reggie Miller clone. Sabonis was an absolute beast, it's a shame he didn't get stateside until so late.

It's also a bit unfair to Arvydas. Drazed tragically died at 28, Arvydas didn't even get here until he was 30 and had multiple injuries. I'll take Sabonis. If he'd been in the US in his mid 20s people'd be ranking him as a top 10 ALL TIME center.

Ok, maybe top 20.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #9
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Sabonis averaged 16 and 10 one year with the Blazers with two bad knees. It's always going to be what if when talking about Sabonis. I would take him over Drazen though. We had Clyde and that didn't get us to a title, Drazen would never get past Jordan. Sabonis in his prime would have been able to carry Portland some where with Clyde.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
PaPaK
Decent playground baller

PaPaK has an OK reputation so far

if Yugoslavia didn't break up in 1991 they would have put up a good fight against the original Dream Team. I'm saying they wouldn't lose by too much.

Petrovic, Danilovic, Kukoc, Radja, Divac and so on.. by the 1996 Olympics it would have been REALLY close
PaPaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
moaz
Great young streetballer

moaz has decent reputation

Quote:
Sabonis is the greatest European player ever
Dirk
moaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #12
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
They weren't up. The 1st half ended 56-42 for the USA. BTW, of course Lithuania couldn't reach the final, since they were the Dream Team's opponents in the semifinal.

My bad, up by 2 points at one stage I remember though.

Also Croatia>>>Lithuania as well.

Lith got thumped by 51 points by the USA I believe, where as Croatia lost by 32 I think it was.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
AznBBoyX
I hit open layups

AznBBoyX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaz
Dirk

Sabonis was better.
AznBBoyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Sabonis averaged 16 and 10 one year with the Blazers with two bad knees. It's always going to be what if when talking about Sabonis. I would take him over Drazen though. We had Clyde and that didn't get us to a title, Drazen would never get past Jordan. Sabonis in his prime would have been able to carry Portland some where with Clyde.

Michael had nothing but praise for Drazen, even going as far as saying in a game of one on one between the two, that Drazen would win if he started with it, and Jordan would win if he started with it.

Clyde was also very high on Drazen and I believe he was telling the organisation that it was a mistake to let Drazen go.

Drazen would have put up a very good fight against Jordan, he was a flat out efficiency machine. Look at his numbers.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #15
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I really can't remember watching Drazen much. But from everything I hear he seems like a Reggie Miller clone. Sabonis was an absolute beast, it's a shame he didn't get stateside until so late.

It's also a bit unfair to Arvydas. Drazed tragically died at 28, Arvydas didn't even get here until he was 30 and had multiple injuries. I'll take Sabonis. If he'd been in the US in his mid 20s people'd be ranking him as a top 10 ALL TIME center.

Ok, maybe top 20.

Reggie Miller clone? Well, its better then the Michael Redd comparison I heard someone throw up. Drazen was still settling in the league, and you have to remember the guy scored over 100 points in a game in one of the European leagues, and I'm sure his numbers would have further improved with 3 or 4 more seasons.

I believe Drazen contributed more to basketball and his resume show that he is winner, and a successful player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: