Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Delfino is Raps best option.

Of the available FA's Delfino is actually the raps best (most realistic) option.
The only guys I'd rather have are Pietrus and Maggette and both will be out or our price range.
Delfino had a good season for us. Showed good range, a willingness to drive to the basket and solid rebounding ( had 8-9 rebounds on a number of games coming of the bench).
Last year's numbers per 35-36 mins (starter's mins):
13.5 ppg 6.6 rbpg 2.7 apg 1.2 stpg
not bad, he also was very healthy playing in all 82 games.

Going forward I think he is a better option than AP. He is only 26 this season, AP will be 33.
That said, looking at AP's numbers is pretty exceptional. His consistency alone is really impressive. His numbers from last year and the year before are identical. Very high percentages. Check it out!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...YMtEf4lvmkvLYF
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Delfino is Raps best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Of the available FA's Delfino is actually the raps best (most realistic) option.
The only guys I'd rather have are Pietrus and Maggette and both will be out or our price range.
Delfino had a good season for us. Showed good range, a willingness to drive to the basket and solid rebounding ( had 8-9 rebounds on a number of games coming of the bench).
Last year's numbers per 35-36 mins (starter's mins):
13.5 ppg 6.6 rbpg 2.7 apg 1.2 stpg
not bad, he also was very healthy playing in all 82 games.

Going forward I think he is a better option than AP. He is only 26 this season, AP will be 33.
That said, looking at AP's numbers is pretty exceptional. His consistency alone is really impressive. His numbers from last year and the year before are identical. Very high percentages. Check it out!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...YMtEf4lvmkvLYF

AP's consistency really droped off if you remember. He would have a 20 point game and then go 2 -11 with 6 points the next. And between AP and Moon we got torched by 2's and 3's last year. I would prefer having Delphino.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I agree.

Just mean his season numbers are identical from previous year.

Delfino>Parker
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I really hope that we have nothing more to do with Delfino.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i like delfino but he'll get a decent contract offer from europe, something the raps can't match.

with the re-signing of jose, we're very close to the luxury tax... moon, kapono, parker and graham will have to cut it on the wings for a season...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

[quote=DoubleTech]i like delfino but he'll get a decent contract offer from europe, something the raps can't match.

with the re-signing of jose, we're very close to the luxury tax... moon, kapono, parker and graham will have to cut it on the wings for a season...[/QUOTE]

I hope you're wrong!

I too hope we have seen the last of Delfino.

As for Pietrus, he won't be out of our price range at all. People seem to forget that like 3 teams in the entire NBA can bring more then the MLE to the table, and it certainly won't be for Pietrus. So, the most he'll get is the MLE. You think GS is going to give him $7mill per year? They didn't even agree to a long term deal last time he was a FA. I think Pietrus is a possibility for sure. But, the luxury tax is another issue entirely.

Has ownership come forward and said if they are willing to go over the tax?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: