Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Raptors sign Ukic, Adams

Quote:
According to a report in the Globe and Mail, the Raptors have reached an agreement with former second-round pick Roko Ukic to serve as a backup to Calderon. The 24-year old Croatian has spent the last few seasons playing in Europe, most recently taking Lottomatica Roma to the Euroleague final.

Quote:
The report also states that the Raptors have signed former New Jersey Net Hassan Adams. The 6-foot-4 Adams will likely see some action at the off-guard or small forward spot. Adams spent last season playing for Basket Draghi Novara of the Italian league.

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=242145&l...headlines_main
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Raptors sign Ukic, Adams

lol nice. You were like a millisecond earlier...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Now all he needs is a SF Scorer/Star and were set to pass 2nd round tops when healthy.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Didn't see too much of Adams but he was a real hustle player when he got burn. I don't think this leaves us with much of anything to sign anymore players, am I correct?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
ejeezy
I airball my layups

ejeezy has an OK reputation so far

I am PUMPED to see Ukic finally with the Raps. He is going to be great.
ejeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

so our offseason is done.

Calderon/Ukic
Parker/Adams
Kapono/Moon/Graham
Bosh/Humphries
O'Neal/Bargnani/Jawai

that puts us at 12.

and oh yea, i like the addition of adams. very athletic, good defender, just has some serious holes in his game.

$10 says he gets more PT than Graham does this season.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's been reported that Jawai isn't gonna play for us immediately though.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

I still thinking that we need help in the SG position and maybe a big body for the pain too.
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
It's been reported that Jawai isn't gonna play for us immediately though.

Actually it was reported in the paper a few days back their probably bringing him over. It was in one of the two Nathan Jawai threads. I think one of two last players at the minimum we should take a look at it Will Daniels or Josh Duncan to play at the 3. Both decent scorers and have the size and maturity to at least play a decent backup role. Then we'll be set.

Last edited by bonez26 : 07-01-2008 at 03:55 PM.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

i really like adams style of play for us, gritty, very athletic strong on the ball defender with long arms and big hands. dont think he will get much PT though at first.

and FINALLY our boy Roko has come to us. Calderon and Roko will be exciting to watch on offense, but not so much on defense, BC still needs a defensive 3rd PG in there, one with veteran experience.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
Maniak
Warm Winds

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, the offseason has just begun and some great moves have been made!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Raps need to serious help at the SG position. A rotation of Parker and Adams is amongst the weakest in the league.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Actually it was reported in the paper a few days back their probably bringing him over. It was in one of the two Nathan Jawai threads. I think one of two last players at the minimum we should take a look at it Will Daniels or Josh Duncan to play at the 3. Both decent scorers and have the size and maturity to at least play a decent backup role. Then we'll be set.
oh ok, i didn't know. i was going by what they said during the draft.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

nice i like adams, but we still need delfino coming off the bench aswell,

i would at least like to see

ford / ukic
parker / delfino
moon / adams (i know hes only 6-4 but thats his sort of [position)
bosh / hump
o'neal / bargnani

ukic and adams will be league minimim deals, so defino can get a deal around 4 million a season for next 3 or 4 years from raps, then we can use the bi - annual for a 3rd bigman / pg

Last edited by craigthomasb : 07-01-2008 at 07:19 PM.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Delfino is as good as gone.

Expect the SG position to be improved at the trade deadline if the Raptors are looking like contenders. Bargnani, Parker's expiring deal and future 1st rounders... a combination of those could get a deal done for a team that is out of contention.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: