Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 08-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default K.g.

First time ever in the T-wolves forum. Kinda interesting I will say. I stopped in to ask a few K.G. questions.
1) do you think K.G. is gonna stay in Minny this year or finally get traded?
2) where do you rank K.G. as a forward as of last season, or as a player?
3) How many wins will the t-wolves produce this year?
4) Will they make the playoffs?
5) If K.G. were to get traded, where do you think he will go?

Here are my answers.........
1) I think K.G. will ask to be traded this year partly because I don't think he will want to be part of rebuilding situation. I believe he will "ask", but not demand it.
2) I rank K.G. about number 10 as forwards 20th in the nba as a whole, here's why...
Dirk,Elton Brand, Duncan,Bosh,Amare(before he got hurt although that may not count),Jermaine O'neal(when he doesn't play out of position),Dwight and Josh Howard,Melo are all more talented even in K.G.'s hay day. But if you gave them the amount of touches and featutre them first in their offenses there stats would be higher than K.G.'s also. By the way I forgot Kirilenko(who by the way averaged 15pt,8red,4ast 3blks.1stl,played less mins and was injured,The Matrix. Hell lets put Ron artest in the category too. Now if just added any position to mix let's bring in J.terry, D Wade, Lebron, A.I. Paul Pierce, Kobe, Steve Nash. K.G. isn't top talent no more. He is just above average. His numbers are what they are because he is 1st option, the only rebounder like a Ben wallace(who I didn't count), He has the ball in his hands at least 13 seconds of any possession. Put that in these other mentioned players and their stats would be alot higher.
3) I think the wolves will win about 45 games, dependinng on the play of mike james(of course he won't get to shoot as much), the rookies, and the normal t-wolve injuries. Very good draft though. The west got some surprise teams out there, so, 4) they might not make the plauoffs. I think N.O. will get in. Byron Scott just make players play their best and Chris Paul is phenemonal. Plus Houston will be back if they are healthy. Utah might get in. Plus S.A, Pho, Dal, Clips, Den(if healthy), Sac(building of last years comeback), Lakers. Mem, Hous, N.O. fighting for the eigth is going to make things very tough.

5) if K.G. were to get traded I would love to see him go to the Lakers. An unselfish star teamed up with a top 5 player would be exciting to watch.

So ther it is T-wolves fans. What do you think?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

1-KG will see how things go in the first part of the season. If the team doesn't meet his level of expectation, he will make a trade request
2- KG is a top ten player in the league right now. His talent and value will slowly dwindle beginning this year.
3-38-45 wins. It all depends how well this team will gel. How well does Mike play with Kevin will be important. I think they will get 38 though.
4-I think they will be in a race for the 8th spot and will have a tough time getting through if distractions such as KG's trade request gets in the way.
5- KG could be going to either the Kings,Lakers,Celtics,Bulls,Knicks. I think if he is traded it could be to Boston, who have a lot of young players that can interest the Wolves.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

1-KG will stay in minni this year..should get traded next year if they miss playoffs
2-as a forward KG is top 10..maybe even top 5 but im a garnett fan so..yeah
3-i think they should win over .500
4-from what i've been hearing the wolevs should make playoffs if they dont they should all go to the D-ledgue and think about what they did wrong excpet for garnett that is
5-Lakers Knicks Golden State or Bulls...hopfully the first 3
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

1. He will probably imply a trade in a press conference, only because he is too scared to demand one.

2. I guess he is a top 5 forward

3. An even .500

4. depends how all the other teams do in the division

5. Lakers or Knicks
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is absolute madness. KG is at worst the third best in the league.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
This is absolute madness. KG is at worst the third best in the league.
Since you didn't mention forward, Im guessing you mean he is a top three player in the league. That is ridiculous. KG could be a top 3 player a couple of years ago, but a top three player surrounded by role players can fight his way into the playoffs. KG is a top 10 player in the league, because of his versatility and the fact that he is a dominant big man. Kobe, Lebron, Yao, Iverson, Dirk, and a lot more guys are better thatn KG
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
zident
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zident has no real reputation yet.

1 kg wont demand or ask for a trade..... t wolves are going to do a serious trade onli players that are untouchable are ricky davis kg of course and brandon roy...every one else expected to be moved by the all star break

2 i rank him hmmm its to hard cant say for sure because he reali isnt playin his

3 i see the wolves winnin atleast 32 games to be honest

4 no! they wont make the playoffs this yr simply because hornets jazz g state denver and huston are reali goin to make a push for dat seven 8 spot.... memphis is out and so are the wolves

5 if he is traded look to see him go to either the knicks lakers sacramento or milwauke
and thats my five cents
zident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Since you didn't mention forward, Im guessing you mean he is a top three player in the league. That is ridiculous. KG could be a top 3 player a couple of years ago, but a top three player surrounded by role players can fight his way into the playoffs. KG is a top 10 player in the league, because of his versatility and the fact that he is a dominant big man. Kobe, Lebron, Yao, Iverson, Dirk, and a lot more guys are better thatn KG
I wouldn't say Yao is better than K.G., that's ridiculous. Kobe made it to the playoffs with some doo-doo surrounding him. Lebron's Cavs would have been in the East finals against Miami had he got a little more help, but second round, not bad for your first trip there. Dirk made it to the finals, partly because the team rode his offensive shooting and the teams refined defense. If anyone think K.G. is better than those three I want some of the ish they smoking!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:36 AM   #9
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Okay, Look at it from the perspective of you comparing KG to Tim Duncan. Look at the players Duncan has and look at the player KG doesn't have. Also notice how many more fouls star PG,SG and SF get compared to PF and C's. Also notice that Kobe has Lamar Odom and a bunch of shooters which KG didnt have. Also look at the age of KG compared to all of the players you listed. There you go, there's probably some more reasons but I can't think of them right now. Timberwolves make the playoffs this year if they stay .500 until McCants comes back. And that's just to explain last season.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 09-03-2006 at 03:43 AM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:38 AM   #10
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

KG is better than Kobe and Wade in my opinion.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Okay, Look at it from the perspective of you comparing KG to Tim Duncan. Look at the players Duncan has and look at the player KG doesn't have. Also notice how many more fouls star PG,SG and SF get compared to PF and C's. Also notice that Kobe has Lamar Odom and a bunch of shooters which KG didnt have. Also look at the age of KG compared to all of the players you listed. There you go, there's probably some more reasons but I can't think of them right now. Timberwolves make the playoffs this year if they stay .500 until McCants comes back. And that's just to explain last season.

The reason why I especially compared Timmy to K.G. is because they are the same AGE! Duncan is 30. True enough Duncan has always had a supporting cast. But his numbers have always compared to K.G. and Duncan has to share the ball. K.G. is the main offense and always has been. I know you don't seriously call Lamar Odom, the super underachiever, some help for Kobe, and what shooters were you referring to? By the way Duncan collects way more fouls than K.G. PG's and SG's that are agressive in the paint draw fouls. they earn them for putting the big men in compromised spots. no comparison there.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kobe, Lebron, Yao, Iverson, Dirk, and a lot more guys are better thatn KG

Yao is in NO WAY better than Kevin Garnett you brainless moron. Im sorry but that statement is just flat out wrong. Why are you in this forum if you're gonna hate on KG?

And for those who think Dirk and Duncan are better than Garnett, just put Garnett on their teams replacing them, he will do just as good if not better. You guys are reaallly delusional. Since when do people think Kevin Garnett isnt that good anymore? Blind punks.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I would have to agree with you that Yao is definitely NOT better than K.G. The reason why i feel that Dirk and Duncan are is because they have to share their basketball with their team. And they put up better numbers than K.G. while he is the only legit option for his team.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #14
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I wouldn't say Yao is better than K.G., that's ridiculous. Kobe made it to the playoffs with some doo-doo surrounding him. Lebron's Cavs would have been in the East finals against Miami had he got a little more help, but second round, not bad for your first trip there. Dirk made it to the finals, partly because the team rode his offensive shooting and the teams refined defense. If anyone think K.G. is better than those three I want some of the ish they smoking!
Kobe had Odom helping him out all year, and they had a semi easy schedule. Lebron had Jones helping with his shooting, Varejao rebounding well down low, and Ilgauskas posting up, those are some good pieces. Don't even try to say Dirk didn't have help. Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, and Harris were huge help all year. McHale has surrounded KG with garbage, which has kept the Wolves out of contention.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
I would have to agree with you that Yao is definitely NOT better than K.G. The reason why i feel that Dirk and Duncan are is because they have to share their basketball with their team. And they put up better numbers than K.G. while he is the only legit option for his team.

Bad argument. Ricky Davis scored 20 per last year. Id say thats legitimate.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: