Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Euroleague 08/09 Draw

So the draw is already in place... Group B is gonna be really tough. Barça, Pana, Zalgiris, Sienna... god, really good. Group C is probably the easier, TAU has been really lucky.

Group A
Maccabi Electra
Le Mans Sarthe Basket
Olympiacos Piraeus
Unicaja
Cibona Zagreb
Avellino

Group B
Prokom Trefl Sopot
Zalgiris Kaunas
FC Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Montepaschi Siena
SLUC Nancy Basket

Group C
Union Olimpija
Virtus Roma
Fenerbahce Ulker
Alba Berlin
DKV Joventut
Tau Ceramica

Group D
Partizan Igokea
Armani Jeans Milano
Panionios On Telecoms
CSKA Moscow
Efes Pilsen
Real Madrid

I'm pissed about the two french teams and only one from Russian and Lithuania. Also 4 italians while only one is a really good team... 5 spanish is too much IMO, although the 5 should be part of the top16. Only DKV is an unknown after losing Rudy, maybe Barton, Sonseca...
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Euroleague 08/09 Draw

There really shouldn't be any French teams, but, as I have said in earlier posts, the country is too strong not to have anything, like Germany. Italians are ok, they used to be really good, they could lower the team number to 2 or 3. Spain has the right amount now, they are the strongest country in Europe basketball wise, national and club-wise. Group B in Euroleague is a lot like group C in Euro 2008, the group of death. Group C is the weakest, looks like it will be owned by Tau Cerámica. DKV will most likely be average, Rudy Fernández will be missed. Group D doesn't look that strong either, CSKA and Real, those 2 are almost sure to advance. Group A is ok, nothing spectacular, I would expect Olympiakos and Maccabi to advance.
The 2009-2010 season will be much different, there will be a different qualifying system, surely we will see Lietuvos Rytas back. I think at least 1 French and 1 German team will stay, and I see Italians going down to 2, thus opening 3 spots, 1 for Rytas, 1 for a russian club, and 1 more for possibly another russian club or someone new, maybe a team from Latvia, maybe one from Serbia or Croatia. We'll see, the system will be updated, as Bertameu said himself.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
There really shouldn't be any French teams, but, as I have said in earlier posts, the country is too strong not to have anything, like Germany. Italians are ok, they used to be really good, they could lower the team number to 2 or 3. Spain has the right amount now, they are the strongest country in Europe basketball wise, national and club-wise. Group B in Euroleague is a lot like group C in Euro 2008, the group of death. Group C is the weakest, looks like it will be owned by Tau Cerámica. DKV will most likely be average, Rudy Fernández will be missed. Group D doesn't look that strong either, CSKA and Real, those 2 are almost sure to advance. Group A is ok, nothing spectacular, I would expect Olympiakos and Maccabi to advance.
The 2009-2010 season will be much different, there will be a different qualifying system, surely we will see Lietuvos Rytas back. I think at least 1 French and 1 German team will stay, and I see Italians going down to 2, thus opening 3 spots, 1 for Rytas, 1 for a russian club, and 1 more for possibly another russian club or someone new, maybe a team from Latvia, maybe one from Serbia or Croatia. We'll see, the system will be updated, as Bertameu said himself.
Yep 2 french teams is two too many,just like the germans!Serbia,Russia,Croatia and Lithuania have better teams!
As for group b,Yes its a tough but surely the top 4 should be a given.There are 4 very strong and 2 weak teams.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Dynamo Moscow,Khimki,FMP Zeleznik or red star belgrade,Pamesa Valencia,Lietuvos Rytas,the new israeli champs bnei whatever it escapes me.All of these teams would easily beat le mans,nancy,alba,avellino Aj Milano.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: