Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Default Monta Ellis

Link

I know its old news, but how do you guys think we'll be with monta on our team. The only way we have a chance at getting him is by overpaying him in a sign and trade. Im thinking 4yr/52Mil. Then we could trade Andy, Sasha, D. Jones, and next years first for him. Not saying that any of that is going to happen or work. But i just wanna know you guys' opinions about it.

Monta
West
LeBron
Ben
Z
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
shaoyut
National High School Star

Default Re: Monta Ellis

i would want that trade
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Don't want him. He seems completely incapable of playing PG, and he doesn't have the size or bulk to play SG. He's benefitting from Don Nelsons run-and-gun (championship-less) style of play and wouldn't fit in too many other places I don't think.

He's one of those guys who should be a third guard on a dynasty like team, but probably won't in this day and age.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Don't want him. He seems completely incapable of playing PG, and he doesn't have the size or bulk to play SG. He's benefitting from Don Nelsons run-and-gun (championship-less) style of play and wouldn't fit in too many other places I don't think.

He's one of those guys who should be a third guard on a dynasty like team, but probably won't in this day and age.

Mathius

He's still young and it would be interesting to see what would be capable of doing with LeBron as a teammate. He would def. get some good looks.

The Cavs ought to commit themselves to running more regardless. Getting a Monta Ellis would be a good excuse to do so.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 AM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

I hope we get him. His offense could really help this team, not to mention the fact that he's still young. Just trust me on this one; if we get him we'll at LEAST make it to the ECF. Make it happen Ferry!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Mathius

Though I agree with you that Ellis lacks any true point guard skills, I think Monta in Cleveland would actually work out well. Delonte West and Daniel Gibson are far from being pure point guards themselves, yet the Cavs have reached the playoffs. With James handling the ball the majority of the time and averaging 7 assists, Ellis could easily average 19 points a game which is something Gibson and West can't do. If they can also get the likes of Al Harrington, they could have a nice line up of Ellis, James, Harrington, Smith and Z. Possibly offer Varejao, Pavlovic, Hickson, a future first round pick and the expiring contract of Szcerbiak.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

On offense west would still be thd pg, but on defense west would guard the opposing sg and ellis would guard the pg. Kinda like how they did when bdiddy was there.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #8
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
On offense west would still be thd pg, but on defense west would guard the opposing sg and ellis would guard the pg. Kinda like how they did when bdiddy was there.

The Cavs should've attempted to grab Baron Davis. He would've been ideal for them.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: