Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Trade Idea

Houston receives:

Mike Dunleavy
David Harrison (S&T)
2 2nd round picks

Indiana receives:

Shane Battier
Steve Francis
Loren Woods

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

We get that perimeter defender that our lineup lacks so badly, not to mention he's a great 3-point shooter to boot, something that works great with JOB. We can either keep Francis, or waive him right away, same with Woods, they're expendable on our team.

Houston gets a great 3rd option to go with T-Mac and Yao, and Dunleavy fills out their lineup nicely.

Our lineup:

Rasho/Hibbert
Murphy/Foster
Battier/Williams
Granger/B-Rush
Ford/Jack

Them:

Alston/Jackson
Dunleavy/Barry
McGrady/Head
Scola/Landry
Yao/Mutumbo
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: Trade Idea

i think we could get more in return for Dunleavy. What are we going to do with another PG, we already have Ford, Jack, Diener and Tinsley. Whats the point in adding yet another in Francis?

Adding 2 2nd rounders is not a good idea either. If we're going to move Dunleavy, we need to get a post player in return. ANd if we're going to make a move with Houston we should send Tinsley and try to get Landry in return (pending his knee)
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Houston wont do that trade, they have no use for 2nd rounders and they need Battier.

Battier is their main defender, they need him to be a show stopper.

Anyway why would we do this trade? We are not trying to win this year so we have no need for Battier anyway. Try to come up with a trade idea for Dunleavy that gives us some capspace + picks or young guys.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 AM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 07-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

For the Pacers, I really like this deal. They get rid of Dunleavy, and they're able to bring in a great perimeter defender, and they get a couple of expirers. Battier would bring a good veteran presence to the lockerroom, and though Francis probably won't amount to much, you at least get a couple million off the books with him. For Houston, I'm only digging this trade if they get James Posey, because then they'd have a suitable replacement as the primary perimeter defender to Battier, making him more expendable. I'd start Posey and T-Mac together because of Posey's defense, and bring Dunleavy off the bench in a 6th man's role; if he and Jackson develop some good chemistry, then Houston will have a solid 1-3 rotation all throughout the game. If they don't get Posey, then I think they need to keep Battier as they'll need an elite defender like him on their roster.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nah, they won't take harrison. plus, we'd have to sign him 1st and his contract is up right now. also, we need to keep dunleavy IMO.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

did any of yous guys watch battier play last season? He avg a weak 6 and 5, coem on.....
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't like it. Jr. fits our style perfectly, the guy should retire playing for JOB. Battier certainly is a great defender, but he hurts our glut of players at the wing even more. Battier isn't capable of playing the 2 like Jr. and I don't want Danny playing there, I think he'd have even more trouble than he already has working off the dribble.

We drafted Rush to be our hopeful shut-down perimeter defender some day, we don't need to trade a 28 year old for a 30 year old when we're on a five year plan (or something close). I think Jr. has more value to the Pacers than any other team in the league, so it'd be hard to get value.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't like it. Jr. fits our style perfectly, the guy should retire playing for JOB. Battier certainly is a great defender, but he hurts our glut of players at the wing even more. Battier isn't capable of playing the 2 like Jr. and I don't want Danny playing there, I think he'd have even more trouble than he already has working off the dribble.

We drafted Rush to be our hopeful shut-down perimeter defender some day, we don't need to trade a 28 year old for a 30 year old when we're on a five year plan (or something close). I think Jr. has more value to the Pacers than any other team in the league, so it'd be hard to get value.
Nice post, very good points there.

You're right.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I read in a rumor today that the Pacers could trade Jamal Tinsley for a PF or he could be traded to Memphis.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1062/SPORTS04
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I read in a rumor today that the Pacers could trade Jamal Tinsley for a PF or he could be traded to Memphis.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1062/SPORTS04

i'd say it's not a rumor, he's gone one way or another. reading the article, miami would be dumb to give up haslem for tins. they may be a troubled team but they're not stupid.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really think Al Harrington coming back isn't out of the question now that GS is desperate for a point (unless they think Ellis can handle it, I don't). Tinsley + a little filler works. Not that I'd be a fan of it. I don't see Miami moving Haslem for him either, but I'd be a fan. Lot more than a Harrington deal anyway.

Surprised to hear Tinsley's lost weight after hearing he'd put on 30+ since the season ended. Of course, it could just be losing part of that weight.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #13
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden

TBurge has decent reputationTBurge has decent reputation

Tinsley will probably break out with like 18/9/4 this year. That would just be our luck.
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 AM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I really think Al Harrington coming back isn't out of the question now that GS is desperate for a point (unless they think Ellis can handle it, I don't). Tinsley + a little filler works. Not that I'd be a fan of it. I don't see Miami moving Haslem for him either, but I'd be a fan. Lot more than a Harrington deal anyway.

Surprised to hear Tinsley's lost weight after hearing he'd put on 30+ since the season ended. Of course, it could just be losing part of that weight.
No way Harrington would want to come back to Indy after we gave him the shaft and traded him TWICE. Last time it was for JUNK. Diogu, who obviously didn't pan out, was supposed to be the "coveted piece" in that deal. We didn't even play him! So we traded SJax and Harrington for those two scrubs at the time? I mean, now of course, I love Dunleavy. But Harrington is my boy, and we did him dirty, retrading him for a couple of "unproven busts" at the time. Luckily Dun-Dun has panned out, playing GREAT last year and is truly one of the most underrated players in the league now, and Murphy really picked it up at the end of the year... But if Al would be willing to put it all aside, I would love to see him back in the Blue and Gold.

Let's go with - Marquis Daniels and Jamaal Tinsley and 2nd rounder for Al Harrington and Kosta Perovic

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

It works.

Our lineup is nice with

Rasho/Foster/Hibbert
Harrington/Murphy/Baston
Granger/Williams/Graham
Dunleavy/B.Rush/K.Rush or Flip
Ford/Jack/Diener

Now that's some depth right there, very solid and I think they could have some chemistry with the mix of players they have there.

I love this team right there.

I miss Al Harrington.

Last edited by catzhernandez : 07-17-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
No way Harrington would want to come back to Indy after we gave him the shaft and traded him TWICE.

i agree.
Quote:
Rasho/Foster/Hibbert

rasho starting over jeff?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: