Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Boozer for Kaman?

Davis/Knight
Mobley/Gordon
Thornton
Boozer
Okafor

Williams
Brewer/Korver
Kirilenko
Okur/Milsap
Kaman/Okur

Boozer would fill the PF spot well.
Kaman would hold down the paint.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Boozer for Kaman?

And you're a Utah fan who wants this trade?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

You high?
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

I floated it in both the Clippers and Jazz boards.
Seemed fairly reasonable to both sides.
Wanted to see what non Clips/Jazz fans thought.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think you're high. Kaman is good, he's not Boozer. You can't work the Deron Williams pick n' roll with Kaman.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I think you're high. Kaman is good, he's not Boozer. You can't work the Deron Williams pick n' roll with Kaman.

That is a legitimate concern. Okur can still run it, albeit differently than Boozer does.

A lot of the motivation for the trade comes from finances. I am not sure Utah will have the dough to keep Boozer after this coming season. The other half of the motivation comes from Boozer's lack of defense. Kaman would sure up the center. Maybe clippers could throw in Knight to back up Williams? Or a pick? I really didn't think there was that big of a disparity between Boozer and Kaman.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you want Williams to stay as your PG, your team should pay Boozer his dues. Whats the point of saving money if it scares Williams away?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
That is a legitimate concern. Okur can still run it, albeit differently than Boozer does.

A lot of the motivation for the trade comes from finances. I am not sure Utah will have the dough to keep Boozer after this coming season. The other half of the motivation comes from Boozer's lack of defense. Kaman would sure up the center. Maybe clippers could throw in Knight to back up Williams? Or a pick? I really didn't think there was that big of a disparity between Boozer and Kaman.
15/12.5 (Kaman) on a 23 win team or 21/10 on a 54 win team? That's where I get the difference.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
15/12.5 (Kaman) on a 23 win team or 21/10 on a 54 win team? That's where I get the difference.

I guess I am comparing their offense effect - defensive effect. Boozer is a lot better offensively, but he gives up so much on the other end I find myself looking for replacements. Kaman is definately limited offensively, but defensivley I feel like he will make up for that. But I do agree, Boozer is a beast offensively.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
I guess I am comparing their offense effect - defensive effect. Boozer is a lot better offensively, but he gives up so much on the other end I find myself looking for replacements. Kaman is definately limited offensively, but defensivley I feel like he will make up for that. But I do agree, Boozer is a beast offensively.
If that's the case I would look more into trading Okur.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

I don't know if the Clippers would entertain this without an extension in place for Boozer. Even then, it would be a tough decision to trade away Kaman since the market has set the price for 2nd and 3rd tier bigs so high. Bogut signed on for what? 5y/72.5m?
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

insert Jazz fan stereotype here
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #13
craiye
Local High School Star

craiye has decent reputation

Quote:
If that's the case I would look more into trading Okur.

It amazes me how much credit people give to Boozer for the Jazz's success. He's a nice player and all but Williams is the piece that makes it all work. If you had seen more Jazz games you'd realize how useless he is on the defensive end. I know this sounds rough, but he's basically Randolph with better passing skills and he's more likely to pass than ZBo.

Honestly, I don't think this is a bad trade for the Jazz. They have enough offesnive weapons, Okur is a good rebounder and a much better man-man defender than Boozer - he can make up for the scoring we'd lose from losing Boozer.

Shifting Okur to PF would make people realize that he's not all that bad defensively, he just can't block a shot to save his life. Kaman could take care of the shot blocking and the rest of the rebounding while scoring down low a bit. This would also make it easier to sign Milsap after this season (which will be impossible if Boozer is around).

The Jazz may not win as many regular season games but I like the idea of Okur/Kaman better than Boozer/Okur come playoff time.
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

no way. boozer is nowhere close to being worth kaman's value..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #15
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
I don't know if the Clippers would entertain this without an extension in place for Boozer. Even then, it would be a tough decision to trade away Kaman since the market has set the price for 2nd and 3rd tier bigs so high. Bogut signed on for what? 5y/72.5m?

So I'm not high...:)

Like I said, if I thought we could keep Boozer, I wouldn't shoot at Kaman.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: