Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default my first visit here--- and i am just curious about...

hello blazer fans!

you who are regular post-ers here.

this is my first time here and i wanted to find out who frequents this forum

some questions that you could answer, if you would be so kind:
  • how long have you been a blazer fan?
  • do you live in the portland area or elsewhere?
  • your opinion of the management?
  • best memory of the blazers?
  • favorite blazer player-- past and current?
as you perhaps know, i am form seattle and we lost our sonics so i thought i would say hello because i will probably follow the blazers to get my basketball jones

ps-- is myth the mod here?

Last edited by RainierBeachPoet : 07-15-2008 at 06:28 PM.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: my first visit here--- and i am just curious about...

Welcome RBP, we've been waiting for you :)

I'll go right into your questions:

* how long have you been a blazer fan? 18 years. My first NBA memory came from the 1990 Pistons-Blazers finals. I started collecting basketball cards at that time too because many people wrinkled and tore up their Blazer cards (NBA Hoops so no big deal) and threw them in the streets when we lost. I ran around collecting them. One of my favorite cards to this date is a wrinkled with a pencil sized hole Cliff Robinson rookie. Its a sentimental thing.
* do you live in the portland area or elsewhere? I'm an Oregonian born and raised. I currently live about a half an hour outside of Portland.
* your opinion of the management? The current management is easy to love. We had Bob Whitsitt for a while and he seemed good at first, but he just built a team that had no chemistry. That was followed up by the Nash/Patterson era which was terrible. They were smart enough to know it was time to blow things up, but they still picked up hot heads and overlooked the real young talent. It makes it easy to understand why Blazer fans, including myself, are having a love-fest with Kevin Pritchard. Not much more of our management are very public (unless you count McMillan, some count coaches as management). Larry Miller is the President and was high up in the Nike organization. I assume he was brought in mainly for marketing reasons. Nike is good at making money, so he was likely brought in for that very reason. He is still not too public though, so its hard to have any strong feelings for him one way or the other.
* best memory of the blazers? I cherish my early 90s memories, but they just aren't as clear as our late 90s runs. So game wise, it was probably the 1999 and 2000 playoffs, both of which obviously ended poorly though. My single best memory though is the 2007 NBA lottery. No individual moment has brought more excitement in my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTIYCXcx90 < I am the blonde guy hugging a girl in a yellow shirt at 1:23.
* favorite blazer player-- past and current? Past: Drexler Current: Roy (I expect Oden to be right up there though)

"ps-- is myth the mod here?" - Yes, I have been the mod since about January or February I believe.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
[*]how long have you been a blazer fan?
Since I moved here, I had a few opportunities to get into the Blazers, and I took advbantage.[*]do you live in the portland area or elsewhere?
Portland area.[*]your opinion of the management?
I love it.[*]best memory of the blazers?
I'm only 15, so not very many. Every game I have gone to, they have lost...so I suppose when I get to a game this season and they win I will have my best memory.[*]favorite blazer player-- past and current?
My favorite is Outlaw, but to be honest I like basically the whole crew.

Welcome mate.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Welcome aboard RainierBeachPoet! You're welcome here anytime bro.
  • how long have you been a blazer fan?
    Answer: My whole life. Basically since the Drexler days.

• do you live in the portland area or elsewhere?
    Answer: Yes, Portland.

• your opinion of the management?
    Answer: I love how things have changed for the better. Ever since Kevin Pritchard was hired on for GM, everything has been like a dream. It's great.

• best memory of the blazers?
    Answer: Mine is watching Drexler play and the team making the finals against Jordan. Also last Winter when I went to the Xmas game VS Seattle. Sorry. It was a blast though.

• favorite blazer player-- past and current?
    Answer: Drexler, Kersey, Buck Williams, Ainge, Porter, Sheed, Pippen, Steve Smith, Sabonis, Aldridge, Roy, Blake, Oden, etc., etc.

Last edited by Aldridge Fan : 07-16-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
Also last Winter when I went to the Xmas game VS Seattle. Sorry. It was a blast though.

lol. I think we discussed this before, but that game was a pretty bad experience for me. One of the worst experiences at the Rose Garden this year (out of 25ish games). There was a mother and her 2 little girls that were screaming in my ear for the sake of screaming. Like, not screaming at the game, but screaming because they were in a place where it is socially acceptable to scream. Even when it was time out, they were screaming. Like blood curdling, screeching screams and the mother was encouraging it. After receiving looks from everybody in the area throughout the game, they left with about 6 minutes remaining. Just plain awful.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

for me, my earliest memory of anything portland was geoff petrie

he won the rookie of the year but i dont remember what he looked like then until...

he played dave cowens on the halftime show of the weekely nba game-- i cant remember who won, but petrie held his own

also, i must admit-- during the '77 finals i was cheering for the 76ers. i was a big dr j fan and also really liked george mcginnis

but looking back, walton just dominated that series in so many ways and i can firmly say that it was the ultimate example of the team play being better than the collection of individuals (the 2004 pistons vs the lakers is a close second)

but walton was like a 7' larry bird during that series-- he did everything for the team and was the center of their success

((( btw, yes i am in my mid 40s--- and loving it!!!)
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

how long have you been a blazer fan? - Since I moved here, thats when I really got into basketball. I used to watch NBA on NBC but knew nothing of the rest of the league then I moved here and Portland captivated me. That was in 1998.

do you live in the portland area or elsewhere? Portland area! 151st and Powell!! Ghettoville!

your opinion of the management? Management is the best in the NBA!

best memory of the blazers? Best memory is probably Damon Stoudamire hitting a game winning three against the Jazz in Utah. I don't know why but it just sticks out.

favorite blazer player-- past and current? My favorite Blazer is Brandon Roy/Greg Oden/J.R. Rider/Damon Stoudamire
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen

favorite blazer player-- past and current? My favorite Blazer is Brandon Roy/Greg Oden/J.R. Rider/Damon Stoudamire

Thats an unusual choice.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

i have liked many blazers over the years but the one that i would like to give props to is:

mychal thompson

we was a very heady player with good rebounding skills

he battled jack sikma very well throughout the years. he had a good low post game with a decent jump hook.

aldridge reminds me of him a bit
Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Thats an unusual choice.

HAHA

I actually enjoyed the drama . Always something to talk about. I remember Derek Anderson bailing Ruben Patterson out of jail for domestic violence. You have to admit that J.R. Rider, good or bad was very entertaining also.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
Myth

Yeah, I remember his whole nipple exposure thing. They started giving him Ts for doing it. Though, recently I've seen guys do it and not get technicals (somebody on Boston did it in the playoffs, either Pierce or Garnett).
Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
lol. I think we discussed this before, but that game was a pretty bad experience for me. One of the worst experiences at the Rose Garden this year (out of 25ish games). There was a mother and her 2 little girls that were screaming in my ear for the sake of screaming. Like, not screaming at the game, but screaming because they were in a place where it is socially acceptable to scream. Even when it was time out, they were screaming. Like blood curdling, screeching screams and the mother was encouraging it. After receiving looks from everybody in the area throughout the game, they left with about 6 minutes remaining. Just plain awful.

Yeah, I remember chatting sometime after the game around Christmas time. That's too bad you had to experience the screaming. That can be frustrating. Kind of like when you're watching a really good movie and a baby starts crying in the theater. I feel for ya.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #13
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
Yeah, I remember chatting sometime after the game around Christmas time. That's too bad you had to experience the screaming. That can be frustrating. Kind of like when you're watching a really good movie and a baby starts crying in the theater. I feel for ya.

Yeah, but the difference is this was the equivalent of the mother pinching the baby to promote the screaming and not having the decency to leave until after the climax but before the movie wraps up, lol.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
HAHA

I actually enjoyed the drama . Always something to talk about. I remember Derek Anderson bailing Ruben Patterson out of jail for domestic violence. You have to admit that J.R. Rider, good or bad was very entertaining also.

it was a methodically masterful house cleaning that your organization had done

eventhough the drama was indeed fun to watch, it was embarassing to much of the portland fan base

i am actually a ruben patterson fan when he played for the sonics, but after that rape charge it is hard to like the guy
Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #15
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

hello RBP! nice to see you in here...
* how long have you been a blazer fan? since the clyde drexler days
* do you live in the portland area or elsewhere? philippines
* your opinion of the management? Great i wish everytime has a gm like pritchard
* best memory of the blazers? when sabonis was up against shaq its always thrilling
* favorite blazer player-- past and current? drexler , sabonis, rasheed, brian grant. ROY ROY ROY hehe kidding aside outlaw as well plus oden...

keep it here RBP ... one of the most threads that is active and people seems nice.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: