Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sixers roster questions

If Thad wins the starting SF job...

PG-Andre Miller/Lou Williams
SG-Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
SF-Thad Young
PF-Elton Brand/Reggie Evans/Marreese Speights
C-Sammy Dalembert-Jason Smith

If not then it is...

SG-Willie Green
SF-Andre Iguodala/Thad Young

1. Do you think Thad wins the job?

2. Which starting lineup do you think would benefit the team more. Thad backing up or starting?

3. So far thats 10 players with Sixers having a Trade Exception in thier pocket (not much dough). Say they were to sign someone? That would be 11 players. Where are the rest?

4. Piggyback on 3, is a future trade gonna be done to bring back bodies?

5. Would Speights be better off in the NBDL ala Lou Williams? Lets face it with Brand/Evans there is only 48 mins slotted for PF. As far as Center? Sammy has been known to complain about being taken out/demanding more time. He's gonna eat atleast 33mpg which leaves you with 15, something Jason Smith is capable of snatching. So instead of Speights watching the game from the bench all season, I say let him ball hard in the NBDL just to develop, improve, work on areas of his game that need polishing. Cant do it on the bench.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sixers roster questions

Quote:
yes
Quote:
2. Which starting lineup do you think would benefit the team more. Thad backing up or starting?
The one with Thad. People say Iggy can't shoot well enough to be a 2...but when has Willie been a sharpshooter? Has always shot in the low 40s, and 29% from 3.

Quote:
3. So far thats 10 players with Sixers having a Trade Exception in thier pocket (not much dough). Say they were to sign someone? That would be 11 players. Where are the rest?
They'll have to pick up guys for the minimum. Either veteran minimum or the minimum you can give an unsigned rookie (jamont gordon?). You can sign as many guys to the minimum as you want.

Quote:

I doubt it, but it's possible.

Quote:
5. Would Speights be better off in the NBDL ala Lou Williams? Lets face it with Brand/Evans there is only 48 mins slotted for PF. As far as Center? Sammy has been known to complain about being taken out/demanding more time. He's gonna eat atleast 33mpg which leaves you with 15, something Jason Smith is capable of snatching. So instead of Speights watching the game from the bench all season, I say let him ball hard in the NBDL just to develop, improve, work on areas of his game that need polishing. Cant do it on the bench.

If we don't get enough people on the roster soon, we'll be forced to leave him up here. I would like him playing somewhere instead of riding the bench, but I don't mind having a 5th big body on the active roster. But really he might have to be that 11th or 12th body to round out the active roster.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If Thad wins the starting SF job...

SG-Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
SF-Thad Young

If not then it is...

SG-Willie Green
SF-Andre Iguodala/Thad Young

Thad earns the spot to me. With his gradual improvement last season and his play in the summer league I have tough time not seeing him in the starting line-up. On that, the first line-up is better to me(but Willie can shoot, improved quite a bit, it's his shot selection that sucks at times), that line-up gives you a bigger, stronger defensive line-up and I also think better offensive line-up.

I personally think there will be some type of small move to bring in someone in, along with vet minimum guy to try and fill out the roster.

I actually think Speights stays up, I think he could benefit from some time in the D league, but I think his game is good enough that they feel he'll be ready to cotribute even if it is in small amounts at first. I think he'll eventually steal some of Smith and Evans' minutes as the season goes along as well.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

im guessing either thad or iggy will be on the floor at all times.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yes, although given that he is only in his second year, I expect some inconsistency from him. Still, the improvement he showed late last season and in the playoffs, along with what he has shown in summer league have earned him a shot in the starting lineup.

Quote:
In the long run, I think starting Thad benefits more the team, as he could gain valuable confidence and experience given the responsibility as a starter.

In the short run, I still like the way the team looks with Thad. Defensively the team gains rebounding -and puts on him the pressure to defend, as he has the tools-; offensively I'd say it's a toss up. The hits on Thad starting is that Iggy would be forced to play the 2 -which I don't think is a big deal- and that there's no perimeter shooting, but putting Green instead of Thad doesn't change that.

Quote:
I agree with what posterize said: minimum players. Lots of ideas here but ultimately, I have no clue what Stefanski is thinking. Hopefully someone better than the players in the summer league roster.

Quote:
5. Would Speights be better off in the NBDL ala Lou Williams?
Definitely. He practically played only one year at college (since he had Noah and Horford ahead of him in his freshman year) so I see him benefiting a lot from just having consistent pt. Maybe call him back mid-season, and train / develop him with the team from that point on.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: