Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default NETS FANS, what do you think our record is gonna be next year?

NETS FANS only please answer this question.

What do you think our record is gonna be next year?

Also post the starting lineup you think we're gonna run next year.

I believe the record is gonna be 40-42. I know it seems crazy but I really believe it if the rookies play good.

Now for the lineup with our current SIGNED players (No Nachbar or Kristic etc.)

PG - Devin Harris/ Keyon Dooling/ Marcus Williams
SG - Vince Carter/ Chris Douglas - Roberts/ Maurice Ager
SF - Bobby Simmons/ Jarvis Hayes/ Ryan Anderson?/ Trenton Hassell
PF - Yi Jianlian/ Eduaro Najera/ Sean Williams/ Stromile Swift
C - Brook Lopez/ Josh Boone

Okay now to talk about the rotation. I believe Carter's gonna be playing 38 minutes per game and when he's not gonna be it might be either Dooling playing SG, or Roberts. When Harris isn't in Dooling is most definitely gonna be playing PG and when Dooling's not gonna be playing PG its gonna be Marcus if we still keep him playing garbage minutes. Now for Simmons, he's gonna get about 25-30 minutes per game because there's lots of other SF's to play like Jarvis Hayes, Anderson and Najera can be played as SF's so there's gonna be lots of minutes going around. Same with Yi, he's gonna be playing the same amount with Najera, Anderson, Williams, Swift, and even maybe Boone filling in for the PF area. For the Center its pretty simple but I'm not to sure coach Frank will start Lopez instantly because he might trust Boone a bit more because Boone had an average season last year. But I'm just throwing it out that Lopez might get the start and Boone filling in. Lopez will play somewhere from 27-30 minutes. Ager, Swift, Hassell, and Marcus(if they keep him) are gonna usually get garbage minutes especially Ager if he even plays 10 games this year. Ryan Anderson is a great runner and scorer so he could play SF I heard so don't criticize me for anything I've written here in my topic.

Any other thoughts on the upcoming Nets season shared will be appreciated.

Last edited by iDunk : 07-20-2008 at 07:51 PM.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NETS FANS, what do you think our record is gonna be next year?

i think we are about 1 player away from a .500 team.

If we could just package some players for one good solid player i think were good to go.
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think 45 wins. I know Carter will step it up. And this season Yi will be a 15/8 guy. And those new additions we got can score on a daily basis. Like for example last season we had players that when they stepped on the floor, we HOPED they can score and be useful. But with these new guys we know they can score and be useful on the scoring and defensive side.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

We need Devin Harris to have a break out year like Deron Williams and Chris Paul did a few years back.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im positive with Jefferson gone, Carter and Harris's average will increase. I just hope Harris can turn out into a Chris Paul type player. That would be awsome
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

The most I can see Harris averaging this year is:

21 PPG
8 APG
1.5 SPG

Which is great. He could get most improved player of the year.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

I used to watch him play all the time here in Dallas. He was one of the most explosive players I've witnessed. Not to mention he plays solid defense. If he can just work on his jump shot and increase his range, he will be a force to reckon with.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

82-0.

we're gonna get on a roll and then just keep on rollin.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
82-0.

we're gonna get on a roll and then just keep on rollin.
I was going to post that
:)
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #10
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
I used to watch him play all the time here in Dallas. He was one of the most explosive players I've witnessed. Not to mention he plays solid defense. If he can just work on his jump shot and increase his range, he will be a force to reckon with.
He can also turn the crowd on. I was at a Spurs game and whenever Harris made a 3 or a 3 point play the crowd went insane.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

37 wins would exceed expectations. seriously. that Hawks got into the playoffs last season with that.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
37 wins would exceed expectations. seriously. that Hawks got into the playoffs last season with that.

that was before Jermain Oneal and Elton Brand came into the picture.

Boston
Orlando
Toronto
Detroit
Philly
Cleveland
Washington
Miami
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Chicago
New York
Indiana
Charlotte

Thats how I'll rank the East for now without the Nets. Where would you put the Nets? I say between Miami and Atlanta but that's just me.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

1.Boston
2.Toronto
3.Detroit
4.Philly
5.Orlando
6.Cleveland
7.Washington
8.New Jersey

9.Atlanta
10.Milwaukee
11.Chicago
12.New York
13.Indiana
14.Charlotte

I hope it turns out like that. Reason is that I believe the Nets could beat Boston in 7 games next season.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #14
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

NJnetsfan1535 has decent reputation

i thought marcus williams is gone, isnt he what the nets traded dooling for
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 PM   #15
KnicksFan11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KnicksFan11 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
He can also turn the crowd on. I was at a Spurs game and whenever Harris made a 3 or a 3 point play the crowd went insane.

Sooo?? Probably Some DALLAS FANS. Both Teams in Texas

Would mind traveling to a Spurs game when your not far way
KnicksFan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: