Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-21-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default JR is better for the nugs than AI

im not worried about stats, when it comes to the nuggets being a really good basketball team jr smith gives us a way way better chance of that happening than iverson does

imo jr is a great fit with carmelo- so much of basketball has to do with players fitting in with each other

i can not stand the idea of another season of iverson competing w carmelo to be the top scorer- neither will accept being the #2

maybe im overestimating jr's teamwork ability, but i believe he would be willing to play the second fiddle to melo- & at the same time i see carmelo being ok w jr doing his thing

add the personality and ego parts to the basic reality- jr's game is a match to melo, nene, & kmarts- you can not spread the floor for these post players without having shooters on the perimiter- driving to the basket is very difficult when 4 or 5 defenders can stay in the lane

when it comes to the denver nuggets JR makes us better that iverson
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
nuggzgangsta87
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nuggzgangsta87 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: JR is better for the nugs than AI

True But. I also See that its just not Iverson as long as Jr. is on the bench and carter is starting thats when Iverson starts hogging the ball more thinking he has to score. Because we go in droughts when Iverson and carter are on the floor the D backs off and clogs the hole and stops melo,martin and iverson from penetrating forcing wild shots. And Iverson and Melo trying to Find a way to free up for a shot. but if we have AI at point and Jr starting at the 2 guard are lineup looks way better and that force's teams to play 1 on 1 or guard the three more because they get torched when Jr. is on the floor, Iverson and Carmelo can penetrate and score easily or when they get trapped look who's open smith who will make the three and can take it to the rim any time he wants. Karl please don't start small ball this year Starting should be .
Pg.Iverson
Sg.Smith
Sf.Anthony
Pf.Martin
C.Nene
with Kleiza ANd Hunter Main Backups if no major moves are made.
nuggzgangsta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
im not worried about stats, when it comes to the nuggets being a really good basketball team jr smith gives us a way way better chance of that happening than iverson does

I agree with you 100%.
I think many people underestimates the ability of JR when playing defense because everytime I watch JR play it seems like he gets one steal a game that usually leads to breakaway points. If there is one thing I've noticed is that when he plays GREAT Defense, it translates into an even better offense for him and the team because it allows him to drive, shoot the three, and pass with a Steve Nash like ease. Unlike A.I. who plays by points, his energy comes off of his personal stance on how he is doing shooting wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggzgangsta87
[i]And Iverson and Melo trying to Find a way to free up for a shot. but if we have AI at point and Jr starting at the 2 guard are lineup looks way better and that force's teams to play 1 on 1 or guard the three more because they get torched when Jr. is on the floor, Iverson and Carmelo can penetrate and score easily or when they get trapped look who's open smith who will make the three and can take it to the rim any time he wants. Karl please don't start small ball this year I]

To me I believe that, yes, both Iverson and Melo do look to find a way to free up for a shot to get back into the game or just get out of their own personal drought. That is why we have guys like a JR or a Kleiza that is wide open to make the shots when you are defended buy a couple of guys.
With JR on the court it'll be easier for Melo and A.I. to do what they do as scorers.

What I like most about JR's game is that he can penetrate and drive through the lane, that in my mind is the one thing that he has that is EXACTLY identical to Kobe's game. I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for comparing JR to Kobe, but I believe that JR can and will be that caliber of player. It matters if Karl is willing to start him to understand the game better just like Kobe did.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
imo jr is a great fit with carmelo- so much of basketball has to do with players fitting in with each other
Smith and Anthony hardly work together on the court just like Melo and Iverson hardly work together because of the way they run their offense. The most they do is a kickout for a 3 ball when Melo is doubled on the block.
Quote:
i can not stand the idea of another season of iverson competing w carmelo to be the top scorer- neither will accept being the #2
I don't think either one truly cares who scores more and I think Iverson cares even less. He's said it's Carmelo's team when he first came to Denver and if the top of my head serves me correctly he attempts less shots. Either way I think Iverson will be shooting even less next season.

But yes, JR does put us in a better position to win in the long run because of his age and enormous potential.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I can definitely see the JR and kobe comparisons, the only difference is kobe is unstoppable on the entire court, whereas JR's midrange game doesn't really exist. But in reality, with starters minutes, the dude could be a top 5 nba scorer and a huge powerhouse offensively.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: