Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
ukballer
Clippers & Bobcats

Default Miami Heat V New Jersey Nets (O2 Arena, October 12th)

Just got my tickets through the post for it today

Anyone here from the UK or further out coming to the match?

I know it's a pretty poor match compared to any normal NBA match, but this is a big deal for fans based in the UK.

I'll be going with either my Dad or my Mum (it's her birthday and I'd feel bad just leaving her at home ).
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
la bomba
Local High School Star

Default Re: Miami Heat V New Jersey Nets (O2 Arena, October 12th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Just got my tickets through the post for it today

Anyone here from the UK or further out coming to the match?

I know it's a pretty poor match compared to any normal NBA match, but this is a big deal for fans based in the UK.

I'll be going with either my Dad or my Mum (it's her birthday and I'd feel bad just leaving her at home ).
I am in the UK but I can't get excited about this game,saw the one last year on tv and fell asleep.hope you have a good time though.I still maintain that this is not going to get the UK liking basketball,they need euroleague exposure.sports fans in the uk are used to competitive sport and european basketball fans are more like the football fans ,plus teams are familiar as they already have football teams.The NBA is all showbiz and most people in the UK atleast those who like sports ,aren't into that.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I am in the UK but I can't get excited about this game,saw the one last year on tv and fell asleep.hope you have a good time though.I still maintain that this is not going to get the UK liking basketball,they need euroleague exposure.sports fans in the uk are used to competitive sport and european basketball fans are more like the football fans ,plus teams are familiar as they already have football teams.The NBA is all showbiz and most people in the UK atleast those who like sports ,aren't into that.

Hit the nail right on the head!
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
quasimoto
Banned

How much do the tickets cost?
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimoto
How much do the tickets cost?

alot more than 15.00 which it will cost to see GB play Czech Republic at the O2 arena on September 6th in the Eurobasket qualifier. Spend your money on this instead!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
quasimoto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
alot more than 15.00 which it will cost to see GB play Czech Republic at the O2 arena on September 6th in the Eurobasket qualifier. Spend your money on this instead!
Haha, no thanks. It would definitely be a nice experience for us Europeans who never get to see an NBA game live, even though the atmosphere is obviously going to be different than in a regular season game.
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
Totally agreed.If you like basketball you'd watch this match instead.the beauty of basketball like any other sport is the desire to win.competition.You won't get that in that showbiz game.showbiz from two craap NBA teams.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #8
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimoto
Haha, no thanks. It would definitely be a nice experience for us Europeans who never get to see an NBA game live, even though the atmosphere is obviously going to be different than in a regular season game.

Trust me it will bore you to tears!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Well, I hope Wade and Vince Carter play for your sake. I've been to preseason games when the NBA comes to my town (I don't live in an NBA city). The Rockets have been a twice and Yao is my favorite player, but he didn't play in one of the games and I paid for good seats. Kinda sucked.

The Heat came, too, when Shaq was still with them, but he didn't play. That also sucked.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: