Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Default Just read somewhere Deng is threatening to leave...

Hes going to Britain to play right now, and if we dont sign him to a long term deal when he gets back he will take the QO and become a 2009 free agent....

WHY DOES THE BULLS MANAGEMENT SUCK SO ****ING BAD?????

CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Default Re: Just read somewhere Deng is threatening to leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
Hes going to Britain to play right now, and if we dont sign him to a long term deal when he gets back he will take the QO and become a 2009 free agent....

He's probably demanding too much. It's obvious he wants more than 50 million for 5 years from the Bulls, since he turned that offer down last year. I say let him go if he won't budge on his asking price. As much as I would love to keep Deng on the team, I don't think he's shown he's worth more than 10 million a year.

We lose Deng, Hinrich is as good as gone, FOR SURE. We can sacrifice a guard for a SF.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

sign and trade deng and add hinrich for who???? rudy gay would be a dream? sixers have miller so they wont deal iggy? hawks got bibby... im not seeing to many great small forwards out there, maybe we'd be better off gonig deng for okafor
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
sign and trade deng and add hinrich for who???? rudy gay would be a dream? sixers have miller so they wont deal iggy? hawks got bibby... im not seeing too many great small forwards out there, maybe we'd be better off gonig deng for okafor

Rudy Gay would be awesome but I can't believe the Grizz would give him up. Well, then again...this is the Grizz we are talking about.

What is wrong with a sign and trade with Dung for Josh Smith?

And why do some people act like this dude is the new Michael Jordan? Deng has no right to demand anything man. He is acting like a prima-donna with his latest move and all people want to do is point the finger at Paxson.

It's not Paxson's fault that Reinsdorf is a control-freak that is overstepping his boundaries and preventing Paxson from trying to make a deal. Although I must say it might be a good thing.

Paxson has been nothing but generous to Dung. He offered the dude a 5 year fifty million dollar contract so I think Paxson did his best to make Deng happy. If you really think Dung deserved that kind of money or more, you are far too blinded by your liking of this guy.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
trig
Decent college freshman

I like deng but he's not worth 60m. 50m is just about right. If I were Chicago, I would call Atlanta and see if I can get the two Josh since both seems has no interest in coming back to atl.

Maybe also consider another Josh, mr howard. Although him and noah will be a dangerous combination
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #6
babybulls85
I brick open layups

Quote:

Lots of people threaten this, but the reality is that, especially right now, we can offer him more money than anyone else. Zach Randolph threatened this and the blazers gave in and overpaid him like crazy.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #7
step_back
College superstar

have chicago even been putting in offers, I haven't heard anything yet? also how is deng being greedy? the man is the best player on the bulls roster ( might be different now that rose is here) he had an injury year last season and still put up 17 ppg 6.3 rpg 2.5 apg on 48fg% he also works his butt of in the off season and is one of the good guys in the league who won't give you headaches of the court. kirk is on around 10 mill a year I think its fair that deng makes around the same
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

the thing is deng isnt demanding hinrich money, i wouldnt mind paying him to a 50 mil 5 yr deal, the thing is hes demanding at least 60-70 mil @ 5 years... thats over paying him fersure, noc puts up similar #'s when given the oppurtunity, let deng go and get ready for 09-10 season, also if ben is asking for more than 50 mil @ 5 yrs you gotta let him go too, neither one of these players are worth more than 10 mil per yr
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

There is no way that Dung is worth fifty million dollars or more per year. The dude should consider himself lucky to get paid about 5 million per year and little Gordon should get about half that much.

I don't care what somebody paid Hinrich, That deal was made a few years ago. If it was a mistake to pay him a certain amount you don't fix the situation by overpaying everyone else.

For me personally, I would rather Dung sign a contract that is reasonable or get the hell out of Dodge. Parting ways with Gordon and Dung would leave a ton of cap room to absorb the incoming contract of an "star" player.

We might not be able to think of who that is right now, but someone might be available later in the summer or even during the season as the trade-deadline draws near.

It also leaves the Bulls a ton of money to go after Josh Smith, Okafor, etc.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #10
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

I have yet to see deng take over any games.. as a fact while he was injured the bulls played the same without him.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

I am not too sold on deng since Andreas Nocioni could be your starter incase deng goes away. sign and trade deng to a team that needs a small forward hmmmm ... toronto ?
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
alexthegod
Local High School Star

How is it that Deng and Gordon have down years and expect CHI to offer more than their previous offers of 40 and 50 mil?

Its not just theses guys, the Josh's in ATL, and Okafor in CHA are in the same boat. They are all asking to be overpaid and in my opinion have no right to be crying about the situation. It's business, simple as that.

1. No teams have cap space to make an offer to these guys except for Memphis, so there is no other team that can compete to drive their salaries up.

2. They are under contract and its in both sides best interest to get a deal done. Just because each side is far apart on contract numbers doesn't mean they are not trying to get a deal done.

3. Teams are making offers that they feel is reasonable.

4. If they are really that unhappy, just sign the one year deal and become an unrestricted free agent. The CBA was negotiated between players and owners to give first round picks GUARANTEED money for several years and in exchange gave the owners this one restricted year so teams have a chance to retain them.

5. When there is a lot of competition for players and lots of cap space available salaries get driven up. Likewise when cap space is scarce and no other teams are making offers, salaries get driven down.

6. Teams are finally smarting up and are no longer willing to overpay players like they once had. The cap complicates thing a great deal, teams have to be very careful how they use that cap space.

Why is it that these players feel "disrespected", "insulted", and a "slapped in the face" when teams take a stand and say, hey we just don't want to go above a certain number? That really pissed me off. Seriously how does 50 mil make you feel like that? I can understand that a player feels he may be worth more than that, but insulted? How dare you offer me 50 mil! Please. Memo to all these guys: Shut your piehole and go do your job for whatever millions you end up agreeing to.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
babybulls85
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
There is no way that Dung is worth fifty million dollars or more per year. The dude should consider himself lucky to get paid about 5 million per year and little Gordon should get about half that much.

It also leaves the Bulls a ton of money to go after Josh Smith, Okafor, etc.

The first part is just dumb and you should look around the league for players making 5-10 million dollars then come back to posting.

Also, you speak of leaving money open to go after other players, you don't even know if those players will hit the free agent market and if we do we'd probably have to overpay them to get them on our team cause that's how FA's work.

Deng had an off year and was injured and was still the best player on our team. There is absolutely no way that Nocioni could take over his spot. Nocioni doesn't get the same attention, on offense, by other teams that deng does and if he did he would turn the ball over more than he already does. He can't share the ball as well as deng and if given more minutes he would probably foul out of every game. I like Nocioni, but to say that he could put up the same numbers of deng is just wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
How is it that Deng and Gordon have down years and expect CHI to offer more than their previous offers of 40 and 50 mil?

Because those weren't the offers, it was 50 mill over 5 for Gordon and slightly below 60 mill over 5 for deng going into this past season.

Overall I don't want to overpay either guy, but I would rather keep deng because he has the potential to be the most well rounded player on our team. If we let Gordon and Deng both walk, there is no telling if we will be able to replace them with new free agents in the future and we could set ourselves far back.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #14
drwax26
High School Starter

Deng is not worth 10mil a yr period. If i pay someone 10mil a yr they better be a leader. He is not a leader. His defense is suspect as well as his ball handling skills. He doesnt shoot 3's well at all. He doesnt make others better around him. All he likes to do is shoot 18ft jump shots and OCCASIONALLY cut to the basket for an easy layup. Josh Smith is younger and better than deng and he can play the 3 or the 4 and has much more athleticism. Forget TT if you had rose and Smith there would be oops all day.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #15
trig
Decent college freshman

Deng is asking for the same offer as last yr, 57m. He just realized he's stupid not to accept the offer last yr. Now the offer is probably around 45-50 for Deng and 40-45 for Gordon. With the griz the only remaining team with money, it gives chicago, atl, cha more leverage.

10m/yr is already slightly overpaying deng but just ok. But no way im gonna pay him more than that if I were pax. Deng is a very good complementary player because he's versatile and efficient. However, he cannot create his own shot. In the whole bulls lineup, only Rose and hinrich can create. Gordon and Deng cant. If you're gonna play a guy >10m, it should be on a guy that can create his own shot, and can go to the line consistently.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: