Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 07-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
PlatteontheRiver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PlatteontheRiver has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Another Trade Thought

After watching the summer league games and reading what InsideHoops reported on New Jersey how about a trade of Oleksiy Pecherov and the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko for Josh Boone and Marcus Williams. Pecherov has done nothing to impress me but I know Jordan sees him more than me and maybe he could prove to be New Jersey's outside shooter. Veremeenko is heading back to Europe so would fit New Jersey's plans. With the players Washington has this would not put them in the salary penalty and all one year contracts involved neither team could get hurt long term. Any thoughts?
PlatteontheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
PlatteontheRiver

Thumbs down Re: Another Trade Thought

So much for that trade now that Marcus Williams is gone! Any other ideas?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Another Trade Thought

He's off to the Warriors.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
PlatteontheRiver

Thumbs up Re: Another Trade Thought

Anyone have any thoughts on trading for Josh Howard? I know he's being a problem child lately but giving up someone like Etan and Darious could bring another all-star caliber player along with a cheap center in McGlure to be a backup and tutor for Washingtons young bigs.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
giving up someone like Etan and Darious could bring another all-star caliber player
Any trade with this reasoning behind it is doomed to be asinine. Etan may have value if it looks like he is retiring, since a team would be happy to have his contract paid by insurance and coming off the books asap. Otherwise, he's a vastly overpaid role player, due more than 14 million over the next 2 years. Songaila has negative value since he's an overpaid role player with 3 years left on his contract. You would be EXTREMELY lucky to get back an expiring contract for those 2 guys, the other team would have to be certifiably insane to give up any talent at all, let alone an all-star talent.
I'm sure this idea is motivated by the perception that Dallas may be willing to dump Howard for below market value just to get rid of him, but nearly every team in the league could make a better offer than that package of 2 horrible contracts and no young talent/picks.
I assume by McGlure you mean Magloire, but I'm fairly certain he's a FA (or at least not on the Dallas roster right now). If your team wanted to add him they would just sign him, he wouldn't be involved in this trade.

Don't mean to hate, that phrase I quoted just begged for a reply
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatteontheRiver
Anyone have any thoughts on trading for Josh Howard? I know he's being a problem child lately but giving up someone like Etan and Darious could bring another all-star caliber player along with a cheap center in McGlure to be a backup and tutor for Washingtons young bigs.
I really don't see why we need someone like Josh Howard. He's just another SF/SG that we don't need. We have Butler, who I think is really going to break out this next and Gil will completely fall off. We need a center and have Haywood come off the bench and play about 22 minutes at the C and PF position... I really don't want Jamison and his lack of defense.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
PlatteontheRiver

Thumbs up Re: Another Trade Thought

You give the auguments in your reply of why Dallas might pull the trigger. Yes, Thomas may retire or be an experienced bench big man that could provide a lot of energy and spark. Yes, Songaila is a bench player who could replace Juan Howards minutes if he moves on. Yes, Magloire would need to be resigned but he would make the salaries match and a player Dallas doesn't want that bad. Dallas is $24 million over the salary cap meaning they are paying about $13 in luxary taxes that could be reduced dramatically. Unless Josh Howard finds a team (maybe Dallas) that he's happy with he'd be a free agent in the same two years as the Washington contract and it would be hard to just drop him maybe without compensation. Now they have players to replace him!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Yeah but I really wouldn't want to have Gil, Howard, Caron, and 'Tawn all on the court at the same time...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
PlatteontheRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Yeah but I really wouldn't want to have Gil, Howard, Caron, and 'Tawn all on the court at the same time...

Then they could pass it in to Haywood to throw one up!
What other trades are out there to get us deeper?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

wat about shawn marion, anybody thinkin of a trade(if you have a defensive center that could work, i dont follow the wizard?)
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
wat about shawn marion, anybody thinkin of a trade(if you have a defensive center that could work, i dont follow the wizard?)
I don't really think so. Haywood? Not really.

Jamison already gets torn up in the post, and I dont really think Marion is the answer.

And Platte, if we want to get deeper we need to move Pech.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #13
PlatteontheRiver

Question Re: Another Trade Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
I don't really think so. Haywood? Not really.

And Platte, if we want to get deeper we need to move Pech.

I strongly agree! I believe they should wait on that until Febuary. Things can change so much with injuries and attitudes. Who knows what Blatche, Songaila, McGee, and Young will develop into if they get minutes. I have found Grunfeld and Jordan have made wise choices with personell. A lot will depend on Etan Thomas and what he can, will, do about his heath and team attitude!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #14
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatteontheRiver
I strongly agree! I believe they should wait on that until Febuary. Things can change so much with injuries and attitudes. Who knows what Blatche, Songaila, McGee, and Young will develop into if they get minutes. I have found Grunfeld and Jordan have made wise choices with personell. A lot will depend on Etan Thomas and what he can, will, do about his heath and team attitude!
Yes.

We are very strong at the guard positions. Daniels, Young, Arenas, Butler, and Stevenson ALL need minutes. Jamison at the 4, ehh. He is basically a clone of the above players. An oversized guard. We very much so need depth at the post position. Haywood, Jamison, and Blatche just isn't enough. A defensive minded role player would be greatly appreciated.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: