Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Europeans are Taking Over!!! Their Next Target Is Delonte West!!!

Link

D@mn. There goes another one. Now what do we do. Well, lets get straight to the point (haha that was a funny), if we do lose West what are some REALISTIC option we could do........

Start boobie
Trade for Felton (and G-Force possibly)
Sign Pargo (i would love to get him)

Thoughts...........
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Europeans are Taking Over!!! Their Next Target Is Delonte West!!!

if we loose west the trade last year would be a big rip off
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
3zazer1
D-Rose tha truth

3zazer1 has an OK reputation so far

hell to da na!!we need delonte west for possible trades and to run the cavs.
3zazer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I wonder what I'd be like if I freaked out like an idiot everytime I read a newspaper article or watched a youtube video like the rest of you morons.

Anyways, its very unlikely West will leave. It's a scare tactic because he's a restricted free agent and he doesn't have a whole lot of options for negotiation.

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Every guy I've read about leaving the league except Childress was already an international player before coming to the NBA. Childress is the only one who seems to be jumping to a new venue, and I can't even confirm that since I don't follow the kid much.

Childress's contract was nice because he can opt out after each year. So if he does break out in Europe, then the Hawks can make him a big offer and he can come back home a rich man.

To him the risk must have been worth it. To most, it won't be. The NBA is still the greatest stage in the world despite Stern's stupid mistakes and I would think most of these kids aren't going to run away that far from home just to make more money.

The biggest impact these european contracts are likely to have is when the CBA negotiation comes back when the current contract is up, you can bet that the maximum player salary clauses are going to be up for debate, because the reality is, right now an NBA franchise can only offer a max contract under the CBA, but another league can offer players as much money as they want.

It didn't work with the ABA, and they were located in the U.S. I don't really see it happening with nations across the Atlantic.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: