Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Donte Greene and Anthony Randolph for Germany?

Finally WWII pays off.

Greene already has German Citizenship. Randolph was also born in Germany. The German federation better get it done.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Donte Greene and Anthony Randolph for Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Finally WWII pays off.

Greene already has German Citizenship. Randolph was also born in Germany. The German federation better get it done.
and who the hell are these guys?Its not like they are going to make Germany a forced to be reckon with.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
and who the hell are these guys?Its not like they are going to make Germany a forced to be reckon with.

First round picks from this year´s draft.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 AM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
First round picks from this year´s draft.
O.k I suppose that makes them better than the dross that plays around Nowitzki for germany but still doesn't make Germany a side to get too excited about.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
Mo_Williams
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mo_Williams has an OK reputation so far

Germany is going to be a contending team in the 2010 World Championship if they can add Donte and Randolph.
Mo_Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

If only the Poles were good at basketball, maybe then Germany would have a good Basketball team.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
Jack
I hit open layups

Jack has an OK reputation so far

I doubt Germany will be contending team in 2010.

Without Nowitzki Germany is under average team.

Basketball is not so popular in Germany like in other Euro countries.

If they hadn't had Dirk basketball would be on really low level.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dirk pretty much said this would be his last Olympics. There is no indication that Randolph will play for Germany. He hasn't even proved himself in the NBA yet. If he does and becomes a great player he may not want to play in Germany because doing so would mean he could never be on the USA team. The same goes for Greene but Randolph will probably be the better player of the two.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

WOW

Germany is making some great moves
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:31 AM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
I doubt Germany will be contending team in 2010.

Without Nowitzki Germany is under average team.

Basketball is not so popular in Germany like in other Euro countries.

If they hadn't had Dirk basketball would be on really low level.
Germany did win the eurobasket before Nowitzki. with welp,gnad,harnisch etc.
But you are right Basketball in germany is weak ,their basketball teams are very poor and shouldn't have a rep in the euroleague because they weaken the competition,just look at brose baskets in the euroleague last season.
If anybody thinks the germans have a chance against Spain,France,Turkey,Italy,Greece,Lithuania,Croatia etc and thats just in eurochamps!!they are living in another world!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
Unimane

Unimane has an OK reputation so far

I live in SEC country, so I've seen Randolph play for LSU quite a bit. He's very long and skinny. A good athlete, but I was never overly impressed. I don't even think he was All-Conference. I have no idea why he got drafted so high, probably because of that stupid "potential" tag the NBA loves. I would not be surprised to see him in Europe in 3-4 years.

Greene played at Syracuse. Decent player, again, I was never blown away, but I actually think he could make a fairly good contribution to the Germans. However, he's not going to do anything special.
Unimane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:06 AM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimane
I live in SEC country, so I've seen Randolph play for LSU quite a bit. He's very long and skinny. A good athlete, but I was never overly impressed. I don't even think he was All-Conference. I have no idea why he got drafted so high, probably because of that stupid "potential" tag the NBA loves. I would not be surprised to see him in Europe in 3-4 years.

Greene played at Syracuse. Decent player, again, I was never blown away, but I actually think he could make a fairly good contribution to the Germans. However, he's not going to do anything special.
Funny how people assume that if a guy cant make it in the nba he can in europe.not always the case.Plus the NBA also get their fair share of players who cant make it in europe.Case of Ukic that has been signed by the raptors,he played for TAU,Barca and Roma in the last 4 years and he has not made it in any of them.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
Unimane

Unimane has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Funny how people assume that if a guy cant make it in the nba he can in europe.not always the case.Plus the NBA also get their fair share of players who cant make it in europe.Case of Ukic that has been signed by the raptors,he played for TAU,Barca and Roma in the last 4 years and he has not made it in any of them.

The number of guys making it in Europe after not making it in the NBA is astronomically larger than the opposite. I know you prefer the European Leagues, which is great. I prefer the college game to the NBA. Both of our favorite leagues are inferior in terms of talent and ability than the NBA. Just reality.
Unimane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimane
The number of guys making it in Europe after not making it in the NBA is astronomically larger than the opposite. I know you prefer the European Leagues, which is great. I prefer the college game to the NBA. Both of our favorite leagues are inferior in terms of talent and ability than the NBA. Just reality.
You are correct in what you are saying,but what I am saying is that there is no guarantee that an NBA failure would make it in europe.
Europe cannot be compared to NBA because there are a lot more levels of competitions.National leagues,ULEB,Eurocup,Euroleague etc. Some people dont see the difference between making it for Olympiakos to making it at Frankfurt skyliners.If the guy goes to Frankfurt and makes 20 a game they assume he has made it in europe.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #15
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Kaman
Dirk
Randolph
Greene
and just naturalize a US PG similar to Russia's JR Holden and that team would have a decent shot
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: