Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Kwame to Detroit…

Kwame signs with the Detroit Pistons…

Pistons bringing in Kwame Brown

I don't know what to say…

I was never a fan of him. But now he is on our team and I will support him to the fullest and hope he can contribute to our success.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kwame to Detroit…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Kwame signs with the Detroit Pistons…

Pistons bringing in Kwame Brown

I don't know what to say…

I was never a fan of him. But now he is on our team and I will support him to the fullest and hope he can contribute to our success.
Get his jersey!!!
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
Get his jersey!!!

Actually what I like to do is try to get their jerseys from their previous teams
(ie Billups Raptors, McDyess Suns, Sheed Bullets)

I have begun the search for a Kwame Wizards jersey!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't really like this signing. I wish they would have went after someone like Krstic. That's quite a bit of money for someone who may not be better than Johnson or Samb. Let's just hope he can be another player like Ben Wallace, Billups, Rip, etc who completely transformed themselves into great players in Detroit but couldn't anywhere else.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Joe D, you are now officially going down hill. There's no better player we can get for 4m a year? Especially since we are already have so many big men and don't even have a backup sf since jarvis left. Kwames and detroit just don't go together.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First I'm not happy about it either, but although Detroit has a lot of big men they need a true center which is what Kwame is. At least Joe D realized lack of size inside has hurt the team. Sheed and Kwame standing next to each other is a lot of size down low. Like I said before let's just hope Detroit can turn around another bust. If Kwame comes back next year with something to prove to the world and learns to play defense it could help against teams like Boston. Speaking of which it's not like they didn't sign Patrick O'Bryant who is another guy who is a center and could be considered a bust. I'd take Kwame over him.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

If what they say is true Kwame's defense is true, he might be able to become something in Detroit.

2 years isn't too long of a commitment, and 4M a year is reasonable for a useful big man.

Kwame may be able to fit into a team rebounding/defense concept well. Maybe all the hard work around him will wear off. Not a bad gamble for Detroit imo.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

This is most likely going to be a one and done deal…

Kwame has the option to get out after the season. If he plays well… he will seek more money from other clubs. If he plays poorly, he will blame the environment of the Detroit Pistons for his (continued) failures and look for the next team to take a risk on him.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good signing.

People exaggerate too much about this guy's failures.

the truth is, detroit locked him in for a good reasonable contract. 4 million a year is not bad for a center that can be a good role player.

Kwame brings defense (not so much rebounding), but he's so huge that centers find it difficult to post him up, and offensively when he posts up, other centers can't keep him outside the paint.

He does miss layups, and fumble passes.....but when utilized properly, you guys will be happy for some of the things he brings. He just needs to be monitored heavily by chauncey and whoever is coaching.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs down Re: Kwame to Detroit…

Kwame P has small hands...
Unless he is getting the vets minimum, I see this as a pointless move.
Along with Micheal Olowokandi, Kwame P among the worst #1 draft pick
in NBA history. My condolenses Piston fans. I hope this is not a plan
in case you lose Sheed next year
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

Will kwame start?
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
Will kwame start?

Possibly…

I imagine Curry will try to have Kwame at center and return Sheed to the 4 and Dyess to the bench…

I figure the team running like it did when Ben Wallace was here. Just like Ben, Kwame shouldn't be counted on for offense. Any points Kwame scores would be garbage points…
Old 07-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

We have to remember McDyess likes coming off the bench better than starting. I would have to imagine Curry will try the Brown/Sheed combo down low at some point.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #14
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
Joe D, you are now officially going down hill. There's no better player we can get for 4m a year?

Who would have been better?

I'd rather have Herrmann back up the 3 than sign any other swingman, and our need was a Dale Davis type of guy anyway, somebody to rebound and play defense.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Who would have been better?

I'd rather have Herrmann back up the 3 than sign any other swingman, and our need was a Dale Davis type of guy anyway, somebody to rebound and play defense.
QFT

Kwame gets a bad rap (some deserved - remember when washington sent him home during the playoffs due to his poor attitude and work ethic), but the kid is a solid post defender and decent player. funny how so many posters in the main forum have said something to the effect of "he was a good player 4 years ago but not now" like hes 34 or something. kid is young still and has an asston of experience. good pickup IMO. also I am very glad we re-upped with Herrmann. I want him to get mins this year.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: