The "egg in your face" thread
Go back through recent history and pick out 5 thoughts/predictions, etc in which you made, but only to find out that you were DEAD wrong about.
Here are my five:
1. I thought Drew Gooden would be a more than adequate replacement for Carlos Boozer. To me, I thought Gooden had upside, and I had no idea that Boozer would turn out as good as he has
2. I thought Ilgauskas was finished in 2001. Never thought he would come back again.
3. I thought Damon Jones would be a very solid starting PG for us. Liked his role in Miami, and thought he would bring a moxie/veteran presence to the starting lineup.
4. I thought Larry Hughes was a decent pickup. I should've seen the writing on the wall. Volume shooter in D.C who got a lot of points for that reason. Didn't really know the guy well enough when he first got here, but he had a "name" and was still young, so thought it might work out.
5. I thought LeBron would be a very good player, but NOT the great player that he is. I thought that the hype would be too much for him to handle. I predicted 20PPG, but I thought his development would come along more slowly. I watched him a bunch in high school, but didn't know what to take away from his games, being as how he was playing against a bunch of short, white guys.