Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default I've posted quite a few thoughts regarding the US performance: READ

but better teams win. F&CK

I've posted some of my thoughts I've had these past few weeks and months of the World Championships. Ironic huh?

Last edited by AppleNader : 09-01-2006 at 02:29 PM.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I was wondering when this thread was coming...
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

yea its too bad, but its true. Congrats on a 4th place finish by USA...evident because we're certain to lose against Spain/Argentina in the bronze medal game.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

way to follow the World Championships AppleNader, the Spanish already won their semi-final game, so the Argentines are the US's next opponent.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

yea I just woke up. But anyways, congrats on 4th place to Team USA

F&cking sh&T
Old 09-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

You don't hate to tell us this. You've been walking around with a boner for the last two years waiting to say "I told you so."

You just blew your wad.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #7
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

50% is congratulating international basketball
50% of me is dying of shame right now

Thats the way it is. sorry
Old 09-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #8
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Spain's in the final? EXCELLENT.

Go Spain!!!

I'm extremely glad the US lost. Another tournament of the US kicking the crap out of almost everyone on the way to a predictable gold would have pissed me off.

Let's hear it for parity!!!
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #9
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Old 09-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #10
amra01
Can barely lace up my sneakers

amra01 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

Gasol will hit on the Greek frontline of big Sofo and the rest of the team.
amra01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #11
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #12
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

No, teams that have had more time to gel together win. Especially when it's a win-or-go-home situation that always favors the underdog. What this loss proved AGAIN is that one month simply isn't enough time to form a team. Team USA AGAIN showed little to no offensive cohesion and nonexistant communication on D tonight while guarding the pick n roll. BUT I hope they keep the team together for the Olympics aside from some minor tweaks(Redd/Kobe for Miller/Jamison and better big men) and try NOT to prepare for the Olympics a couple of weeks prior to the games start.

BTW, does anyone think Greece would win one more game if they were playing a 7 game series against the current US team? I'd say we would just make the necessary adjustments(pick n roll D!!!) and roll over to a 4-1 series win. Heck, had we just made our FTs at a decent clip we WIN! As much as the international teams have improved, US is still significantly superior skills and athleticism wise compared to the rest of the world's best. Even when they play as well as Greece did today(63% FG) they barely win.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:07 AM   #13
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

back in 1992 one of the opposing coaches said in american ball "they don't play defense, just offense and fast breaks." he must have been having visions of the future. anyway, we should own up to not being good enough and cohesive enough to win it all. and a damn fine performance by greece who played gritty d and hit every big shot. that's the thing about one game elimination, the team with heart and determination always has a shot.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #14
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by amra01
Gasol will hit on the Greek frontline of big Sofo and the rest of the team.

he may not get the shot to play them, Gasol injured his ankle late in the 4th quarter against Argentina. Pray he recovers quickly
Old 09-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

No way! Gasol HAS to play in the championship game!!! The beard will propel Espana to victory!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: