Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
Shogon
High School Starter

Default Why did Dwight only get 13 mins?

Kid has 10 & 7 in 13 mins of play and they go small to end the game? Less retardation. In fact, if you add up all of the bigs' minutes, you don't even get 40.

Bosh - 5
Howard - 13
Miller - 0
Brand - 12

30 mins... of bigs. LOL. I didn't watch the game but this had to have played a role. ****ing idiot coaches.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

i thought the same thing looking at the box "why did coach K not play any of his frontcourt at all? I thought the Greeks were supposed to be tough up there? and they all seem to have shot well and been productive in their limited minutes, you'd think he'd play them more..."

dwight is tough inside, Bosh had been shooting and defending well the past 4 games, Brand is a great defender on the block, they should have played far more IMO, and as a group were in general not utilized properly the whole tournament.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Unworldy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dwight was a beast in the first half on the offense boards.

I think he made a few defensive mistakes by not adequately defending the greek big men on a few occasions which got him subbed. But he needed more minutes, the commentator i was listening to for the telecast (non american telecast) kept asking why isn't Dwight in the game, he was killing the boards that much.

Like i said in another post, its cliche to blame the coaches after a loss, but they really need to take alot of heat for this loss. The coaching staff had poor reaction time to adjusting defensively to what the greeks were throwing at the US, with all the pick and rolls and also realising that Dwight's rebounding was big for the US on offense..
Unworldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I was wondering why Dwight wasnt out therer when Shorty was clowning the hole USA frontcourt.

Quote:
I think he made a few defensive mistakes by not adequately defending the greek big men on a few occasions which got him subbed.

that's BS becasue Wade looked like a cardboard standup on defense and he got lots of PT
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
Unworldy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yea wade got abused on defense more than once when he got isolated with often a bigger player, may i ask where the help defense from any big men were? oh thats right there were NO FREAKING BIG MEN OUT THERE.

im not saying dwight sucked, he maybe made 1 or 2 slight mistakes and got pulled, he should of stayed in more it was the coaches fault. of course the coach will leave one of the captains out there play to through his mistakes more in Wade. Obviously dwight was on a tighter leash like all the other bigs.
Unworldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Why Shogon? Because Dwight Howard isnt first tier he is 2nd tier. In other words not good enough to get more minutes then first tier players like Bron.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
Shogon
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Why Shogon? Because Dwight Howard isnt first tier he is 2nd tier. In other words not good enough to get more minutes then first tier players like Bron.

Bron is the only first tier player on all of team USA, so your argument sucks.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #8
bail
Serious playground baller

poor substitution by coach k. howard was not there when baby shaq was eating the us tea.
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: