Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Did you hear about Gordon? Me neither! Why so quiet?

I haven't read or heard ANYTHING about Gordon since Deng got his new deal. There must be a sign and trade in the works or Pax must be working on some trade scenarios. I wonder what's going on. Not a peep about Gordon! Has anyone read any newtrade rumors? Hopefully we hear something soon. I would love to hear the Bulls making some sort of trade. Mayb Hughes and/or Gordon would be nice. What's going on Bulls!?!?!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: Did you hear about Gordon? Me neither! Why so quiet?

the bulls offered him a generous 6 year/59 million dollar deal but he's turning it down, and it looks like they r still at a stale mate

i doubt BG7 will be a bull next year
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

look at the josh smith scenerio, memphis offers 59 mil per 6 yrs, and BAM! Atl matches and smith signs immediately.

now once a team offers gordon or puts something on the table for gordon i believe the bulls will make there move, but the problem is no team has made an offer for gordon, i think memphis is the only team that has room to offer something but they already got mayo, lowry, conley, crittenton etc. lol haha they arnt gonna offer gordon nothing! pax and the bullies have a job to do and they are doing it right, altho i believe they over paid for deng, they are not going to over pay gordon, i just don't see it
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

There seems to be a lack of interest around the league for Gordon which is why the negotiations aren't moving forward. There just isn't enough interest for a 6'2 shooting guard in the league and part of it maybe the Bulls' fault who didn't try to develop him into a point guard. When Gordon was in college, I felt he had a chance to be a Baron Davis type point guard in the league with his athleticism, strength and scoring ability. Gordon, at this point, is just a Luther Head or Juan Dixon type player. 5 years and $59M for a guy who isn't even a full time starter? Thats just too much money and the Bulls are doing the right thing. He's better suited on a team like the Lakers who already have a people who can distribute the ball (Kobe and Odom). A sign and trade for Odom and Mihm with Gordon and Nocioni could work. The Laker would have a Gordon, Bryant, Nocioni, Gasol and Bynum line up. For the Bulls..

PG Rose - Hinrich
SG Hughes - Sefolosha
SF Deng - Thomas
PF Odom - Gooden - Simmons
C Noah - Mihm - Gray
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
There seems to be a lack of interest around the league for Gordon which is why the negotiations aren't moving forward. There just isn't enough interest for a 6'2 shooting guard in the league and part of it maybe the Bulls' fault who didn't try to develop him into a point guard. When Gordon was in college, I felt he had a chance to be a Baron Davis type point guard in the league with his athleticism, strength and scoring ability. Gordon, at this point, is just a Luther Head or Juan Dixon type player. 5 years and $59M for a guy who isn't even a full time starter? Thats just too much money and the Bulls are doing the right thing. He's better suited on a team like the Lakers who already have a people who can distribute the ball (Kobe and Odom). A sign and trade for Odom and Mihm with Gordon and Nocioni could work. The Laker would have a Gordon, Bryant, Nocioni, Gasol and Bynum line up. For the Bulls..

PG Rose - Hinrich
SG Hughes - Sefolosha
SF Deng - Thomas
PF Odom - Gooden - Simmons
C Noah - Mihm - Gray

Odom is not really a power forward...otherwise this trade makes sense. I wouldn't want to part with Nocioni though....
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I'd rather have Gordon than Larry Hughes.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:55 AM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

F*c* lamar odom hes not what we want or what we'll get let that rumor die already
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Did you hear about Gordon? Me neither! Why so quiet?

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=226644

This was in the Daily Herald on Saturday...the first update I have heard from a media outlet since Deng signed his contract.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
F*c* lamar odom hes not what we want or what we'll get let that rumor die already

How about a $14.6M expiring contract and saving about $28M in salaries they would pay to Nocioni who doesn't even start? The NBA is a business first and foremost and the Bulls are looking to stay under the luxury tax. $14M to spend in next free agent market would produce a player much more valuable to this team than Ben Gordon. This just allows the Bulls to get some kind of compensation instead of losing him for nothing. You add that to Gooden's contract and Chicago all of a sudden has $22M to spend. There are some nice free agents next season.

Paul Milsap
Channing Frye
Chris Wilcox
David Lee (Restricted)
Andrew Bynum (Restricted)
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
There are some nice free agents next season.

Paul Milsap
Channing Frye
Chris Wilcox
David Lee (Restricted)
Andrew Bynum (Restricted)

I wouldn't use "nice" to describe that list, more like average. I want to see how Bynum plays after a major injury before annointing him the next big thing, and none of the rest of those guys would make a bigger difference than the current players. If the Bulls have $22 million to spend in a single offseason, it had better be on a superstar, otherwise why bother? We already have plenty of above-average guys, and the only thing we are missing is that star.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nice posts guys!! Especially the one about Hughes interest around the league!! I would love to see him traded!! We'll see what happens!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I wouldn't use "nice" to describe that list, more like average. I want to see how Bynum plays after a major injury before annointing him the next big thing, and none of the rest of those guys would make a bigger difference than the current players. If the Bulls have $22 million to spend in a single offseason, it had better be on a superstar, otherwise why bother? We already have plenty of above-average guys, and the only thing we are missing is that star.

Agreed. If anything why not just stay way under the cap and take a run at LeBron right?

...or Wade, Amare, Bosh, or Joe Johnson.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #13
coles_brandon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...080908.article
coles_brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #14
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

I say sign him to the QO, then let him walk after the season. If he won't back down from his salary demands, then it doesn't make sense to try to negotiate with him. Let him test the market next offseason and see what happens. If he signs a lower deal with another team, though, I won't be happy at all. I still can't believe his agents are letting him believe he deserves this much. Everybody knows he isn't, but he still can't get it through his head.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I say sign him to the QO, then let him walk after the season. If he won't back down from his salary demands, then it doesn't make sense to try to negotiate with him. Let him test the market next offseason and see what happens. If he signs a lower deal with another team, though, I won't be happy at all. I still can't believe his agents are letting him believe he deserves this much. Everybody knows he isn't, but he still can't get it through his head.

Yeah i agree if he is willing to sign it. Everyone knows I think he is good but he is def not worth more than 6yr 60mill. The bulls management def jagged by signing Luol Deng to an over priced contract first cause now gordon wants just as much. I think if gordon would of signed at the end of the yr for 10mil a yr because of the dismal season the bulls had. I hope he just signs cause that is more than fair enough of an offer.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: