Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Favorite old school fighting games

Growing up in the 90's, I've played my share of those very entertaining, side scrolling fighting games.
Mortal Kombat, Virtual Fighters, King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, and more.

Which one was your favorite?
Its very hard to choose, I guess I would go:
1.Street Fighter - first fighting game I ever played, I played this game with my cousins almost every day when I was a kid.
Favorite charater: Ken

2.Mortal Kombat - hard choice between MK and KoF but I choose MK because of its awesome fatalities.
Favorite character: Sub-Zero

3.King of Fighters - One of the most popular games in Asia, I see this game every electronic store I go to in China. If you havent played this, I recommend it.
Favorite character: Kyo or Terry

What are your favorite old school fighting games?

BTW:
You might have seen this already but its probably very well done:
MK vs SF(Ryu vs Scorpian)
Akuma vs Chameleon
Ken vs Raiden

Last edited by MTing : 08-10-2008 at 05:31 AM.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Favorite old school fighting games

MK 2 all the way ..I was the God of that game!..knew every move ,every fatality ,and every special!..that game was the bomb!

Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I miss fighting games. They're so rare on today's game market.

Of course MK-Ultimate MK3 were the greatest of fighting games. Killer Instinct was amazing.

I hope the future holds some better fighting games than Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibre.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I miss fighting games. They're so rare on today's game market.

Of course MK-Ultimate MK3 were the greatest of fighting games. Killer Instinct was amazing.

I hope the future holds some better fighting games than Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibre.

Hell yeah. MK3 ftw.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here

Tekken's my favorite.

I kicked ass with Law.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I miss them too.
Tekken is also part of the new school. Its my favorite fighting game in the 00s
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was kinda an SNK fanboy then. King of Fighters are my favorites, '96, '97 and '98 to be exact. Team Korea all the way, baby!!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #8
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Mortal Kombat is the best

Virtua Fighter too
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #9
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Favorite old school fighting games

I dont really like fighters but Tekken 3 and Street Fighter 2 are sweet. I cant wait for street fighter IV. SCIV is also pretty kewl.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mortal Combat
Street Fighter
Tekken
Marvel vs. Capcom
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Mortal Combat
Street Fighter
Tekken
Marvel vs. Capcom

^^^^^

I also had Samarui Showdown, Fatal Fury, and King of Fighters on Neo Geo Home System. Way ahead of their time for home gaming.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #12
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I also had Samarui Showdown, Fatal Fury, and King of Fighters on Neo Geo Home System. Way ahead of their time for home gaming.

Samurai Shodown II was the bomb with the excellent scaling graphics on the Neo Geo. Along with KOF II.

Some of my opinions.

1. Street Fighter >>>>>>>>> MK
2. SNK was the first to come up with "super" moves (Art of Fighting / Fatal Fury)
3. SNK games always had a great soundtrack
4. King of Fighters introduced multiple characters (you played with 3 characters, how awesome was that?)
5. The original 4Fiercepunch combo of Guile (jumping fierce punch, hold back+fierce punch, Fierce punch sonic boom, backhand) owns any combo back in the day. Plus it would eat 60% of your life
6. Killer Instinct introduced combos 25 hits and up.
7. SFA anime'd the fighting genre
8. Darkstalkers pushed it to its limit
9. Xmen children of the atom put it over the top
10. Tekken put fighting games back in its place
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #13
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

My list of favorite fighting games…

Street Fighter II (duh)
Mortal Kombat II (only redeemable one)
Samurai Shodown II (best SamSho)
King of Fighters '98 (critically acclaimed KoF)
Virtua Fighter 2 (60fps… on Saturn!)
Soul Caliber (amazing…)
Power Stone 2 (best with 4 players)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (BEST SF)

Honorable mentions:
Matrimelee
Guilty Gear II
Last Blade 2
Fighting Vipers
MVC 2
CVS 2
Street Fighter vs. X-men
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #14
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

definitely street fighter 2, probably one of the turbo editions that had all the characters and the sped up gameplay

2d fighters are where its at for me. i just never could get into the 3d stuff.

also looks like they've kept street fighter 4's gameplay 2d with a 3d look to it
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
1. Street Fighter >>>>>>>>> MK

Absolutely agreed. The only reason that it sells in USA is that it's way more violent.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: