Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Marc Gasol:Olympics

I thought we should have a thread to discuss his play in the olympics. We could break down his skills by acually getting to see him play on the biggest stage.

He played ok vs greece. He didnt take many shots. He was aggressive on the glass,which I liked. He played tough defense too. He dosent have a very good post game though. He was easily shaken when he got hit with double teams. His ball handeling needs work. But he looked decent.

On a side note apparently his nickname in spain is the tank.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marc Gasol:Olympics

I didn't get a chance to see the game, though I am going to watch the Spain vs USA game, which will be much more interesting and probably more reliable to make a fair assessment on his skills, since he is playing other NBA players. I expect him to do well, but not great.

I'm not surprised his nickname is the tank, the guy his huge.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

Spain plays china next. I think that will be a good test for marc. He will be up against yao ming. On a side note pau gasol was not starting. He played a little bit more then marc. But he came off the bench.

Also the announcers for the games are clueless about intenational ball. They were constantly saying things that werent true. It was making me mad,because they were misinforming people around america. They were rude in their comments and definite homers for america. Which is understandable but they didnt give any credit to any of the other teams.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far

Man them games is on late I didn't watch the spain game vs greece but I might watch the one tonight vs china
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Spain plays china next. I think that will be a good test for marc. He will be up against yao ming. On a side note pau gasol was not starting. He played a little bit more then marc. But he came off the bench.

Also the announcers for the games are clueless about intenational ball. They were constantly saying things that werent true. It was making me mad,because they were misinforming people around america. They were rude in their comments and definite homers for america. Which is understandable but they didnt give any credit to any of the other teams.
Where they American announcers? If so, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they were completely ignoring other teams, countries and such. The British announcer done a good job during the USA vs China game, though one of the announcers, Andre Alleyne, annoys me.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Where they American announcers? If so, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they were completely ignoring other teams, countries and such. The British announcer done a good job during the USA vs China game, though one of the announcers, Andre Alleyne, annoys me.
Ofcourse they were americans. Marc played ok vs yao. He hit a nice fall away shot in the closing minute to put the game in overtime.

On a side note. Pau was a beast out there. Routinely dunking on yao and anyone else who tried to guard him. Makes me miss having him on the grizz. Spain plays germany next. Anothjer good test for marc. He will be up against kaman and dirk.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Pau had a huge game, 29 points and 8 boards. I will be looking forward to the Germany vs Spain game.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Pau had a huge game, 29 points and 8 boards. I will be looking forward to the Germany vs Spain game.

Yeah me too. I was surprised that marc was starting over pau. But when the moment of thruth came out they went to pau to lead the team to victory. Pau was awesome. But I dont expect that type of game from him vs germany.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

I watched some of the germany game. I was impressed for a little bit with spain. Until they went cold and coulndt score. That might work against other teams but not vs u.s.a. The americans are gonna kill spain.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #10
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

we have nothing to be happy about the only thing is this guy is big and strong he is like the european version of kwame brown
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
we have nothing to be happy about the only thing is this guy is big and strong he is like the european version of kwame brown

Ouch! I wouldnt go that far.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

today is the true test for marc gasol ;)
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
today is the true test for marc gasol ;)

How is today a true test? So him going up against the best nba players is a fair test? So if he cant score versus the best players in the world then that makes him a bad player. Thats not very fair considering there are alot of soso players in the nba playing the center spot.

Ofcourse even if he does play good. That is still not saying much. We will have to wait and see his final numbers compared to other big men in the olympics.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

OMG! Spain got the confidence beat out of them today. If spain had any thoughts of beaten the americans,im sure they lost those thoughts today. U.S.A. won by their largest margin today. At least spain will still get a second chance to prove themselves in the medal rounds.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Spain got absolutely trounced in that game. I was expecting a win for Spain or atleast a close game, what I got was a boat load of rubbish.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: