Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
hippos
Banned

Default Who else is starting to get truly creeped out here at ISH?

I feel kind of bad making a thread about it because it means I'm a part of the whole situation, but I gotta call people out.

Please raise your hand if you've ever had an intimate relationship with a girl. Good. I assume most of you raised your hand. Now, if you have, then being around girls should be no problem at all. Everyday type of thing. You're able to act normally and keep your dick in your pants, right?

Soooooo, when a girl (no one in particular...cough, cough) posts on here why is it so hard to act like you would around a girl in real life?

It can't be the novelty of a girl on a bball board because we don't talk ball at the OTC. Is it really the case that you guys have the deep down inside urge to get a girl's number off here and actually try to hook up with her? Do you just want a naked pic to jack off to?

It's like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine records the sexy message and when the guys find it she did it, they all act like zombies and want to **** her.

So get your heads on straight. Or at least make your illegal ***** wanting motives a little less obvious.

Of course the alternative is that you guys have never seen a naked women, let alone touched one before.

/rant.

Last edited by hippos : 08-10-2008 at 10:20 PM.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Default Re: Who else is starting to get truly creeped out here at ISH?

You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much that I completely stay away from Phar!
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Darius07
Dunking on everybody in the park

Maybe because in real life if you act like a Pedo you go to jail. On insidehoops you get a 1 week ban.
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
v-unit
Very good NBA starter

Man. Please tell me you had a gimick account in that thread. It was all just jokes, no one is expecting anything from Phar.

Lol darius.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Call me crazy, but none of the shit that happens in this forum that everybody else seems to think is just the funniest goddamned thing ever seems even remotely amusing to me. In fact, it's just annoying as hell. Like, why is this Singing Sam guy funny? It's just stupid. I enjoy good comedy, but it's unreal to me how many people on this forum just piss their pants when any gimmick account tries to crack a joke. The whole hippos/catz thing is just retarded, too. Catz just never contributes anything useful but some people seem to think he's funnier than George Carlin. Hippos, you're actually a good poster when you want to be. You just try so damn hard to be funny that it just makes me shake my head. Why would any individual of your intelligence consistently spew crap like that?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
hippos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Call me crazy, but none of the shit that happens in this forum that everybody else seems to think is just the funniest goddamned thing ever seems even remotely amusing to me. In fact, it's just annoying as hell. Like, why is this Singing Sam guy funny? It's just stupid. I enjoy good comedy, but it's unreal to me how many people on this forum just piss their pants when any gimmick account tries to crack a joke. The whole hippos/catz thing is just retarded, too. Catz just never contributes anything useful but some people seem to think he's funnier than George Carlin. Hippos, you're actually a good poster when you want to be. You just try so damn hard to be funny that it just makes me shake my head. Why would any individual of your intelligence consistently spew crap like that?

You see the problem is I don't try. I spew **** 100 miles an hour and don't think twice. If I tried to be this "totally rad" poster, I'd only post when I refined a joke to a tee using word perfect.

And I'm not intelligent. I just talk like I am sometimes.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
You see the problem is I don't try. I spew **** 100 miles an hour and don't think twice. If I tried to be this "totally rad" poster, I'd only post when I refined a joke to a tee using word perfect.
Constantly running out tired old act after tired old act is trying a lot harder than the other 95% of this forum who don't post dumb jokes at all. I'll give it to you, every once in awhile there's some actual wit to the remarks you make, and I'd rather read your garbage over most anyone else on this forum trying to make a name for himself, but it still sucks. In terms of intelligence, you might be an idiot for all I know, but for ISH you're pretty much on the top tier, as you occasionally exhibit glimpses of rationality.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
v-unit
Very good NBA starter

Would you say you are comical Johndeeregreen?
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
hippos
Banned

Quote:
Constantly running out tired old act after tired old act is trying a lot harder than the other 95% of this forum who don't post dumb jokes at all. I'll give it to you, every once in awhile there's some actual wit to the remarks you make, and I'd rather read your garbage over most anyone else on this forum trying to make a name for himself, but it still sucks. In terms of intelligence, you might be an idiot for all I know, but for ISH you're pretty much on the top tier.

No, doing a routine has actually been scientifically proven to be easier than trying something new.

You can wish what I do involved me trying hard though...if it makes you feel any better.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Would you say you are comical Johndeeregreen?
I have a good sense of humor. It's just rare that anything on ISH really seems funny to me. I make an occasional quip on here, but on the whole I'd say no.

Quote:
No, doing a routine has actually been scientifically proven to be easier than trying something new.
Doing nothing has been scientifically proven to be easier than doing a routine.

Quote:
You can wish what I do involved me trying hard though...if it makes you feel any better.
It really doesn't matter how hard you do or don't try, as long as you realize that you aren't even remotely amusing 99% of the time. At least that 1% is still more than catz, who obviously pours his heart and soul into trying to make people laugh with him on here.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
Dasher
NBA Superstar

Is this an intervention?
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #12
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Is this an intervention?
Only if you want to be part of it too. That "goon" shit was chronically unfunny, as well.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #13
hippos
Banned

Quote:
I have a good sense of humor. It's just rare that anything on ISH really seems funny to me. I make an occasional quip on here, but on the whole I'd say no.

Doing nothing has been scientifically proven to be easier than doing a routine.

It really doesn't matter how hard you do or don't try, as long as you realize that you aren't even remotely amusing 99% of the time. At least that 1% is still more than catz, who obviously pours his heart and soul into trying to make people laugh with him on here.

All good. I'm here to sooth my ego, not to engratiate myself with others.

I agree with you though. I have been here for 5 years and can count how many times I actually laughed at something on one hand.

To me, I find it odd that some people come here with others in mind (ie. making people laugh, teaching people something, etc.). I come here to amuse myself and to argue (in serious topics) because arguing is a good mental workout. So if I make myself happy on here, that's all I care about...thus why I will never change. It's that simple.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #14
Dasher
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Only if you want to be part of it too. That "goon" shit was chronically unfunny, as well.
It went over your head, and I don't do really do it anymore. Your naive conservative thing leaves me cold, no one can lean that far to the right and be genuine.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #15
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Never been in a serious relationship with a girl/still got the v-card and I know the sh!t that just went down is just plain wrong.

No problem with hitting on girls of age on the internet and trying to get digits b/c of the day and age we live in but she's 15.

I agree with the hippos.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: