Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Pau Gasol " racist " photo in China

does anyone know what this is?? can somebody post the photo on the board? I'm not sure what exactly he did in the photo...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Chitown sports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pau Gasol " racist " photo in China

The photo can be found on cnnsi.com.
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

I went to the site but couldn't find the pic...some one explain...what exactly is this about
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
does anyone know what this is?? can somebody post the photo on the board? I'm not sure what exactly he did in the photo...

Why wouldn't you post this in NBA forum?!

1. You would've posted it in the right board
2. You would have gotten a quicker response.

You're welcome.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

the MEDIA is at it again! They are overblowing the entire thing like always!!! I'm not saying the pic is not offensive...don't ask me if it is...ask an asian person..BUT...this is the most important FACT of the entire matter: Li Ning is a major CHINESE shoe supplier who also provides the footwear for the Spanish team. This picture was LI NING'S idea..NOT Spain's! I think that is very important and not fair to the Spanish team. I'm sure the USA media is loving it so it can take attention off of our so called Redeem Team. Is it wrong if I root against Team USA?? LOL

By the way....IN PAX WE TRUST must work for the media!! lol he titled it..>PAU GASOL RACIST!! LMAO Word of mouth is a dangerous thing!!

Last edited by vmdv12 : 08-13-2008 at 10:42 PM.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
I'm sure the USA media is loving it so it can take attention off of our so called Redeem Team. Is it wrong if I root against Team USA?? LOL

By the way....IN PAX WE TRUST must work for the media!! lol he titled it..>PAU GASOL RACIST!! LMAO Word of mouth is a dangerous thing!!

Root against team USA? Why the hell would you do that? That's what makes a lot American's a joke nowadays, no support and pride of our homeland. I hope you get drafted someday. Way to be a traitor.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #7
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Root against team USA? Why the hell would you do that? That's what makes a lot American's a joke nowadays, no support and pride of our homeland. I hope you get drafted someday. Way to be a traitor.

UGH...I really don't want to go into politics with you but blind support for America is what makes half this country so disgusting these days.

I am so sick and tired of people waving their flags, thumping their chests and rooting USA, USA in front of the rest of the world. That is just obnoxious behavior and it is not really supporting your country.

There are many other ways to be a patriot and be a good citizen in the United States. Until we actually get serious about really taking care of our own people in terms of education, job security, health care, liberty, justice, and a multitude of other things I should mention...

Rooting for team USA just for the sake of doing so is incredibly rediculous.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #8
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
UGH...I really don't want to go into politics with you but blind support for America is what makes half this country so disgusting these days.

I am so sick and tired of people waving their flags, thumping their chests and rooting USA, USA in front of the rest of the world. That is just obnoxious behavior and it is not really supporting your country.

There are many other ways to be a patriot and be a good citizen in the United States. Until we actually get serious about really taking care of our own people in terms of education, job security, health care, liberty, justice, and a multitude of other things I should mention...

Rooting for team USA just for the sake of doing so is incredibly rediculous.

God, I fear for the IQ of some of the Bulls board. No wonder everyone else on ISH looks at us Bull's fans as retards.

Blind support for America? How is supporting America "blind" when someone is from the country?! That's reason enough to take sides. What ever happend to pride in where you come from?

As for what I quoted you in bold...you're an idiot, HOW IS THAT OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR DURING THE OLYMPIC GAMES?!?!?!?! That's what people are supposed to do. It's amazing to see someone who roots against their country, just because they're trying to be cool and "unique" since everyone else in the States are fervently supporting the team. I don't understand how you don't find that even more RIDICULOUS. It's a team full of NBA players, and the moronic NBA fan is rooting against the team....make sense?! Of course not.

Leave the reforms of our country to the politicans, and stop whining about shit we can't change. The US is not perfect, nor is ANY country. We have more opportunity as people in the US than most countries. Appreciate what you have.

Last edited by Undisputed : 08-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 AM   #9
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
God, I fear for the IQ of some of the Bulls board. No wonder everyone else on ISH looks at us Bull's fans as retards.

Blind support for America? How is supporting America "blind" when someone is from the country?! That's reason enough to take sides. What ever happend to pride in where you come from?

As for what I quoted you in bold...you're an idiot, HOW IS THAT OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR DURING THE OLYMPIC GAMES?!?!?!?! That's what people are supposed to do. It's amazing to see someone who roots against their country, just because they're trying to be cool and "unique" since everyone else in the States are fervently supporting the team. I don't understand how you don't find that even more RIDICULOUS. It's a team full of NBA players, and the moronic NBA fan is rooting against the team....make sense?! Of course not.

Leave the reforms of our country to the politicans, and stop whining about shit we can't change. The US is not perfect, nor is ANY country. We have more opportunity as people in the US than most countries. Appreciate what you have.

Yeah....well...I get the sense that I could get into this with you for days but I just don't need the headache. I find it sad but predictable that you would make your comments so hostile towards me.

I didn't agree with your opinion but I never called you an idiot for having a different idea than me. Can you have a civil disagreement with someone you don't agree with?

One last thing that I would like to mention before retreating to the underground bunker where deeper thinking is encouraged...is your last paragraph.

1) "Leave the reforms of our country to the politicans, and stop whining about shit we can't change."

^This type of attitude is an enormous problem and very short-sighted. Merely just voting or (Gawd forbid) assuming that politicians will do the right thing just because they run for office is probally the worst possible thing someone can do.

Sometimes we each need to get off our asses and take part in something for the greater good of people, not just our individual selves. I like to think of such a thing as being American, which is something to be patriotic about that is real.

2) "The US is not perfect, nor is ANY country."

Hmm. Yup. This is true but it is a very vague way of saying nothing at all. It's like the first half of a very bad bumper sticker.

3)"We have more opportunity as people in the US than most countries."

There is certainly an element of truth to this but it is not the whole story. Sometimes there are grey areas and a simple yes/no or black/white whatever answer doesn't suffice.

4) "Appreciate what you have." ...or what? ...and how do you know I don't appreciate the good things just because I recognize certain flaws, or want to make some things better?

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 08-14-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 AM   #10
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Yeah....well...I get the sense that I could get into this with you for days but I just don't need the headache. I find it sad but predictable that you would make your comments so hostile towards me.

I didn't agree with your opinion but I never called you an idiot for having a different idea than me. Can you have a civil disagreement with someone you don't agree with?

The reason the comments were hostile is because of your ignorance. I do admit, perhaps I was too hard on the words, but it's annoying when someone says things with no sense.

Don't think so? It's ignorant to say Americans rooting for an American team with pride is obnoxious during the olympic games. It's ignorant to belittle someone's patriotism by the way they cheer for their country's team. It's ignorant to bring up "until we get serious about education, job security, health care, liberty, justice, and a multitude of other things I should mention..." as a reason to not support your country in any way you can, especially in the spotlight of THE WORLD. We have a high standard of living, you make it seem like we are the ones with no human rights, that too, makes you ignorant.

Quote:
One last thing that I would like to mention before retreating to the underground bunker where deeper thinking is encouraged...is your last paragraph.

1) "Leave the reforms of our country to the politicans, and stop whining about shit we can't change."

^This type of attitude is an enormous problem and very short-sighted. Merely just voting or (Gawd forbid) assuming that politicians will do the right thing just because they run for office is probally the worst possible thing someone can do.

Sometimes we each need to get off our asses and take part in something for the greater good of people, not just our individual selves. I like to think of such a thing as being American, which is something to be patriotic about that is real.

Due to the Electoral College, I do not vote. As I said, our country isn't perfect, but as long as we have our human rights, you won't hear me crying. We can't change the system. There's too many people with too many different ideas.

Why are you so hung up on trying to make a 'greater good for the people'? Get off of it, man. What the hell are you doing for the greater good of the people?! You're sitting on ISH saying this shit, are you stupid or just REALLY young? "OHHH LOOK MOMMY, A PATRIOT!" says CelticForce. We're in the year 2008, being a patriot means supporting your damn family and country, enjoying our freedoms, be a decent person, and a hardworker.

Quote:
2) "The US is not perfect, nor is ANY country."

Hmm. Yup. This is true but it is a very vague way of saying nothing at all. It's like the first half of a very bad bumper sticker.

Saying nothing at all? It says everything, but your small mind can not grasp it on it's own. No matter what country you live in, there will always be the complaints about government, or whatever else it may be. Just because the system is flawed doesn't mean you must not support WHERE YOU ARE FROM. Flaws are an inevitable part of humankind. There is not a country in the world without them. So just think, anywhere you would be, you wouldn't support because they're not perfect....seriously, think once in a while.

Quote:
3)"We have more opportunity as people in the US than most countries."

There is certainly an element of truth to this but it is not the whole story. Sometimes there are gray areas and a simple yes/no or black/white whatever answer doesn't suffice.

It's very simple. The USA is a free nation, with a body that govern's it's people. Without government there is anarchy. As fun as it sounds, I'd rather have things the way they are now. This is truly one of the greatest countries on the planet, and there's a reason those in Mexico/Cuba/ETC/ETC risk their lives just to be on US soil....thousands each and every day.

Quote:
4) "Appreciate what you have." ...or what? ...and how do you know I don't appreciate the good things just because I recognize, or want to make some things better?

So be it, but don't knock American's for being proud when you're amoungst Americans, or expect to be called out.

You can keep this argument going, but you know, and everyone reading knows, you lack sense.

Last edited by Undisputed : 08-14-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #11
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
The reason the comments were hostile is because of your ignorance. I do admit, perhaps I was too hard on the words, but it's annoying when someone says things with no sense.

Don't think so? It's ignorant to say Americans rooting for an American team with pride is obnoxious during the olympic games. It's ignorant to belittle someone's patriotism by the way they cheer for their country's team. It's ignorant to bring up "until we get serious about education, job security, health care, liberty, justice, and a multitude of other things I should mention..." as a reason to not support your country in any way you can, especially in the spotlight of THE WORLD. We have a high standard of living, you make it seem like we are the ones with no human rights, that too, makes you ignorant.

Due to the Electoral College, I do not vote. As I said, our country isn't perfect, but as long as we have our human rights, you won't hear me crying. We can't change the system. There's too many people with too many different ideas.

Why are you so hung up on trying to make a 'greater good for the people'? Get off of it, man. What the hell are you doing for the greater good of the people?! You're sitting on ISH saying this shit, are you stupid or just REALLY young? "OHHH LOOK MOMMY, A PATRIOT!" says CelticForce. We're in the year 2008, being a patriot means supporting your damn family and country, enjoying our freedoms, be a decent person, and a hardworker.

Saying nothing at all? It says everything, but your small mind can not grasp it on it's own. No matter what country you live in, there will always be the complaints about government, or whatever else it may be. Just because the system is flawed doesn't mean you must not support WHERE YOU ARE FROM. Flaws are an inevitable part of humankind. There is not a country in the world without them. So just think, anywhere you would be, you wouldn't support because they're not perfect....seriously, think once in a while.

It's very simple. The USA is a free nation, with a body that govern's it's people. Without government there is anarchy. As fun as it sounds, I'd rather have things the way they are now. This is truly one of the greatest countries on the planet, and there's a reason those in Mexico/Cuba/ETC/ETC risk their lives just to be on US soil....thousands each and every day.

So be it, but don't knock American's for being proud when you're amoungst Americans, or expect to be called out.

You can keep this arguement going, but you know, and everyone reading knows, you lack sense.

lol. You can't even bother to vote in this country you are so freaking excited about and you are calling me out for (a perceived) lack of patriotism? Oh the irony...

You are sitting here telling me over and over that I lack sense (deep argument there BTW) asking me if I am a kid, and all the while you are using the Electoral College as an excuse to not vote???

That sounds like something I might have said when I WAS a kid, but that is not something I will say or believe as an informed adult. What's next, you wont get a drivers license because you don't want to get called for jury duty?

I am glad you said that because I am now going to save myself the time going any deeper into this with you. I was willing to attempt to make a meaningful and respectful discussion with you about this but this is just too silly now.

The only thing I want to say in closing is that if the other guy doesn't want to root for team USA he doesn't have to, and neither does anyone else.

Maybe my family roots are deeply German and I want Germany to win it all. Maybe my favorite player is Chinese and I want them to win gold. Maybe I can't stand Kobe and I don't want to hear people say he is the guy that brought gold back to the U.S. team.

And maybe I don't really feel like anything I just mentioned is true. Maybe I just want the right to root for whatever country I choose without a bunch of John Wayne American type of guys acting like this is the 1950's and the big red communists are going to take-over if I don't cheer for Uncle Slam? Yeah, that might be it. This is just ****ing basketball we are talking about right?

You can wave your flag all you want, I don't mind.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far

Being Chinese-American, I actually did find this photo a tad offensive. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Pau Gasol or any other members of the Spanish team are racist, but it was done in poor taste. Lets not forget this ad was done for a Chinese sports company, Li Ning, who is their sponsor and I'm sure that Li Ning executives were present during this photo shoot. Some media sources have stated that the idea, in fact, did come for Li Ning's people. I'm not that ultra-sensitive Asian who takes everything the wrong way. I understand how society works with its stereotypes and I'm fine with that, but this is hardly a stereotypical photo. Its a photo mocking the physical appearance of another culture which makes it in bad taste. I wouldn't of been offended if they took a normal picture in a dry cleaning store and probably would of found it funny.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
lol. You can't even bother to vote in this country you are so freaking excited about and you are calling me out for (a perceived) lack of patriotism? Oh the irony...

You are sitting here telling me over and over that I lack sense (deep argument there BTW) asking me if I am a kid, and all the while you are using the Electoral College as an excuse to not vote???

That sounds like something I might have said when I WAS a kid, but that is not something I will say or believe as an informed adult. What's next, you wont get a drivers license because you don't want to get called for jury duty?

I am glad you said that because I am now going to save myself the time going any deeper into this with you. I was willing to attempt to make a meaningful and respectful discussion with you about this but this is just too silly now.

The truly funny thing about this is that you are completely clueless what the Electoral College is. Find me some children that can explain the Electoral College without searching it online first. You act like the Electoral College is common knowledge for children. An informed adult would know that due to the Electoral College, Al Gore won the popular vote(which is the vote of the people) in 2000, but did he become president?! You think I'm dumb enough to waste my time when my vote doesn't even matter in the end?! No thanks. I'll vote for local government, it's the only difference you can make. You can go ahead a waste your time, Mr. Patriot who dislikes Americans displaying pride in front of the world. Go ask your parents or Wikipedia what the electoral college is. You seem not to know. It's funny to see you looking so stupid. Really, it is. That retort was by far your worst.

So now you're once again questioning my patriotism because I don't "vote"? What happend to "Merely just voting or (Gawd forbid) assuming that politicians will do the right thing just because they run for office is probally the worst possible thing someone can do."? I don't assume politicans will do the right thing, because usually they never do. We can barely elect our officials anymore, which factors into the flaws I mentioned of our country. Voting is not the only thing that makes us American(since that's where you seem to be going now), it makes us a democratic nation.

Quote:
The only thing I want to say in closing is that if the other guy doesn't want to root for team USA he doesn't have to, and neither does anyone else.

Maybe my family roots are deeply German and I want Germany to win it all. Maybe my favorite player is Chinese and I want them to win gold. Maybe I can't stand Kobe and I don't want to hear people say he is the guy that brought gold back to the U.S. team.

And maybe I don't really feel like anything I just mentioned is true. Maybe I just want the right to root for whatever country I choose without a bunch of John Wayne American type of guys acting like this is the 1950's and the big red communists are going to take-over if I don't cheer for Uncle Slam? Yeah, that might be it. This is just ****ing basketball we are talking about right?

You can wave your flag all you want, I don't mind.

If you don't root for team USA because of your roots, I understand. One thing I won't understand is you bitching about how those who choose to cheer for America conduct themselves, which is what started this entire arguement anyway.

So now you don't mind that I wave the flag?!?!? Funny, another quote from you comes to mind....

Quote:

Sounds like you DO mind that people wave their flags. Make up your mind before you argue with someone.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #14
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
The truly funny thing about this is that you are completely clueless what the Electoral College is. Find me some children that can explain the Electoral College without searching it online first. You act like the Electoral College is common knowledge for children. An informed adult would know that due to the Electoral College, Al Gore won the popular vote(which is the vote of the people) in 2000, but did he become president?! You think I'm dumb enough to waste my time when my vote doesn't even matter in the end?! No thanks. I'll vote for local government, it's the only difference you can make. You can go ahead a waste your time, Mr. Patriot who dislikes Americans displaying pride in front of the world. Go ask your parents or Wikipedia what the electoral college is. You seem not to know. It's funny to see you looking so stupid. Really, it is. That retort was by far your worst.

So now you're once again questioning my patriotism because I don't "vote"? What happend to "Merely just voting or (Gawd forbid) assuming that politicians will do the right thing just because they run for office is probally the worst possible thing someone can do."? I don't assume politicans will do the right thing, because usually they never do. We can barely elect our officials anymore, which factors into the flaws I mentioned of our country. Voting is not the only thing that makes us American(since that's where you seem to be going now), it makes us a democratic nation.

If you don't root for team USA because of your roots, I understand. One thing I won't understand is you bitching about how those who choose to cheer for America conduct themselves, which is what started this entire arguement anyway.

So now you don't mind that I wave the flag?!?!? Funny, another quote from you comes to mind....

Sounds like you DO mind that people wave their flags. Make up your mind before you argue with someone.

You are like a 5 year old spoiled kid. It's clear to see that you are not capable of understanding the grey areas I mentioned previously. I could use recent examples of U.S. athletes that have competed hard and conducted themselves with great pride in their country, and I could name some that make me cringe when they are on camera. But all this is way above you Mr. Wayne.

Enjoy your summer vacation, hopefully you get that first kiss from the cute girl down the street, and good luck with 7th grade next year. You take the short bus to school right?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

EVERYBODY JUST SHUTTUPPPPPPP!!!!!

this isn't a matter of intent, as more to the result of action here.

pau should have known better, this is unexcusable, and whether some chinese shoe company told them to do it is irrelevent, if this were to happen to the american team they would get DRILLED! its sad to see since its spain they're only getting a slap on the wrist for it, its not a matter of chinese/asian people getting offended or not, as olympians you don't conduct in this manner period! the spaniards made a mistake and im glad they are recognizing it and apologizing for it

im looking foward to the US vs Spain matchup, this game should have a little more edge to it, and im curious how the crowd will act in this game, can't wait
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: