Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

read it on mobile espn this morning . suprised no one posted anything yet .. so with this extra money what should we do?
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

Did he really say that? Forget him then... though I'm not impressed with Larry Hughes and Sefolosha. The Bulls main concerns right now should be at their SG and PF/C positions.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Did he really say that? Forget him then... though I'm not impressed with Larry Hughes and Sefolosha. The Bulls main concerns right now should be at their SG and PF/C positions.

SG?! That needs to be our last concern this season. Larry Hughes and Sefolosha could work just fine. Larry Hughes isn't as bad as you think. He was playing under LBJ for years, and he didn't even have a training camp with the Bulls and still did well.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

THANK GOD! Now we will have 20 million in cap space to get a true superstar in 2009 or 2010...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden

TBurge has decent reputationTBurge has decent reputation

I would try and get rid of Larry Hughes and see if Washington is interested in re-aquiring him.

And who the hell will pay Ben Gordon 12 million a year? He and his agent are both crazy. How about Ben Gordon to Dallas for Jason Terry.
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:07 AM   #6
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Rumor is that the Rockets might be looking to dump Luther Head so they can re-sign Some of their front-court guys. Head has a small contract that expires in a year and he is damn good 3-point shooter...
I wouldn't mind having Luther on the Bulls. What about the rest of you guys?

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 08-18-2008 at 06:48 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #7
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Rumor is that the Rockets might be looking to dump Luther Head so they can re-sign dome of their front-court guys. Head has a small contract that expires in a year and he is damn good 3-point shooter...
I wouldn't mind having Luther on the Bulls. What about the rest of you guys?

Yeah he wouldnt be bad to have as a spot up shooter he could be our Eddie house minus handling the ball.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

i would love a luther head for ben gordon deal, but the problem is for this deal to get done, or for any deal that involves gordon to get done, the other team has to sign gordon to the contract he's demanding, which is not going to happen thats why this is as a stale mate, and in the end theres only two things that can realistically happen, either gordon plays for the midlevel contract on the bulls, or he plays over seas while the bulls keeps his rights forever until he decides he wants to play in the nba again, i say he plays for the midlevel exemption and winds up going to another team the season after playing for a couple of million dollars less than what he's demanding initially which the bulls are willing to pay him but the bad blood and media turbulence might persuade gordon out of chicago so he'll decide to play for another team, why am i so smart?

Last edited by DwadeOverLebron : 08-18-2008 at 03:36 PM.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

Greedy piece of ****. I loved BG for a long time, but it's apparently over. More money for 2010-11. Sefolosha has a real chance to shine now.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
SG?! That needs to be our last concern this season. Larry Hughes and Sefolosha could work just fine. Larry Hughes isn't as bad as you think. He was playing under LBJ for years, and he didn't even have a training camp with the Bulls and still did well.

What are you talking about? The Bulls two major problems are their lack of a guard who can average 20 or more PPG and a big man who can average around 20 or more PPG. They're set at PG and SF with Rose, Hinrich and Deng, Nocioni. They're even set at C with Noah/Gray. They just need a PF or even another C who can help them with scoring.

Really... if you put Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard on this team they'd be the best team and most solid team in the league...

PG: Rose
SG: Kobe
SF: Deng
PF: Noah
C: Dwight Howard
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What are you talking about? The Bulls two major problems are their lack of a guard who can average 20 or more PPG and a big man who can average around 20 or more PPG. They're set at PG and SF with Rose, Hinrich and Deng, Nocioni. They're even set at C with Noah/Gray. They just need a PF or even another C who can help them with scoring.

Really... if you put Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard on this team they'd be the best team and most solid team in the league...

I'm just saying, I feel that we're set with Thabo and Larry Hughes this season. Between those two guys, we'll look really good at SG.

I'm excited to see what Thabo can do this season, he'll be eating up some more minutes, so expect his number to go up.

We have a good blend of young legs and veteran mind in Sef and Hughes.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

If the Bulls lose Gordon there is no one on this team that can score close to 20 PPG besides Luol Deng. Larry Hughes will probably average around 12 PPG and Sefolosha cannot score. The Bulls really need a SG who can score and right now it's only Ben Gordon.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

wtf? any team with kobe and dwight would kill . if you put them on the bucks grizzlies they'd be contenders . i don't understand what point you were trying to make there .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #14
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
wtf? any team with kobe and dwight would kill . if you put them on the bucks grizzlies they'd be contenders . i don't understand what point you were trying to make there .

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, I really think people are sleeping on the effect Gooden is going to have on the team this year. He was pretty much our best player after coming over from the Cavs last year, and he had a messed up back. This year he will be healthy and will have gotten to play with the rest of the guys for a full offseason. I really believe he can put up 20 ppg with this team.

I would think that Rose would start at PG now and Kirk would start at SG. I think that would give us the best scoring output from the backcourt, and if Kirk can focus solely on scoring, he can give us 15-20 ppg as well. Plus, we have solid backups with Thabo at PG and Hughes at SG.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #15
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I was thinking the same thing.

Also, I really think people are sleeping on the effect Gooden is going to have on the team this year. He was pretty much our best player after coming over from the Cavs last year, and he had a messed up back. This year he will be healthy and will have gotten to play with the rest of the guys for a full offseason. I really believe he can put up 20 ppg with this team.

I would think that Rose would start at PG now and Kirk would start at SG. I think that would give us the best scoring output from the backcourt, and if Kirk can focus solely on scoring, he can give us 15-20 ppg as well. Plus, we have solid backups with Thabo at PG and Hughes at SG.

Gordon is a really good asset, but he's simply commanding too much money for his worth. The Bulls can't afford it right now, nor do they need to keep him considering they'll have a lot of salary off the books in 2009 with the departure of Drew Gooden's current contract. We have a complete enough team to compete this year, so why not just let Gordon walk and sign someone that'll take this team to the next level next year? That's just my thinking on the whole situation.

I really like the idea of Kirk starting at scoring guard along side Derrick Rose at the point. That would be best. Having Larry Hughes and Sefolosha(at PG) coming off the bench would be the best way to get production out of the current roster. Not sure if the Bulls are willing to have Hughes come off the bench with his huge contract. We can't take what we seen last season into consideration because of the situation the team was in, and he came into the system in mid-season.

I think the Bulls signing another SG would be a horrible mistake. We're starving for a legit big man, that should be the focus.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: