* With their win vs. Detroit yesterday, Philly clinched a spot in the Eastern Conference Playoffs… the Sixers would be the fifth seed if the playoffs started today… Philly was the seventh seed in 2007-08 and have not been higher than the seventh seed since being fourth in 2002-03.
* The Sixers have won three straight and 10 of their past 14 games… Philly is 40-35 this season after being 13-20 at one point… the Sixers were 18-30 through the first 48 games last season but went 22-12 the rest of the way… in 2006-07, Philly was 17-36 entering All-Star break, but went 18-11 over the final 29 games.
* Over the past 42 games (which is just over half a regular season), the Sixers have a winning percentage of .643 (27-15).
* Under Head Coach Tony DiLeo, the Sixers are 19-8 at home after starting the season with a 5-7 mark (24-15 overall)… Philly went 22-19 at home in 2007-08 and has won at least half of its home games in 11 straight seasons (including 2008-09)… there are two home games remaining (4/10 vs. CLE and 4/14 vs. BOS).
* Philly has 24 wins at home this season, surpassing their total of 22 in 2007-08… the Sixers have not won more than 25 home games since picking up 29 wins in 2000-01… Philly could finish with as many as 26 home wins this season.
* The Sixers are 14-14 over their past 28 road games after starting the season 2-6 away from home (16-20 mark overall)… five of Philly’s final seven games are on the road… the Sixers would need to go undefeated over their remaining road schedule to finish above .500 on the away from home for the first time since the 2002-03 season.
* Philly finished its five-game road trip from 3/17-3/23 with a 3-2 mark… the last time the Sixers played at least five consecutive road games and posted a winning record was an eight-game span from 12/22/04-1/7/05, in which they went 5-3.
* The Sixers finished the month of March with a 9-6 mark… over the past three years, Philly has compiled a 29-16 (.644) mark in March… last April, the Sixers went 3-5… April is the only regular season month in which the franchise has a winning percentage lower than .500 (.497; 151-153).
* The Sixers are five games over .500 for the first time since the end of the 2002-03 season (48-34 mark)… Philly must finish the season with at least a 2-5 mark to have a final record above .500 for the first time since 2004-05.
* Philly is 6-11 in the second games of back-to-backs this season after going 13-9 in 2007-08… the Sixers are 13-5 in the first games of B2B’s this season after going 7-15 in 2007-08… tonight is the second part of a back-to-back for the Sixers… they have two B2B’s remaining (at CHI on 4/9 and vs. CLE on 4/10; vs. BOS on 4/14 and at CLE on 4/15).
* The Sixers went 16-14 against teams from the Western Conference this season… the last time Philly had a winning record against teams from the West was 2005-06 (16-14 mark)… last season, the Sixers went 15-15 against the West and were one of just four Eastern Conference squads to go .500 or better vs. the West.
* Philly is 29-11 when leading or tied through three quarters of play this season after going 30-6 in 2007-08… Philly is 11-24 when trailing at the start of the fourth this season after going 10-36 in 2007-08… the Sixers are 30-13 in games in which they led by 10+ points this season (30-8 in 2007-08).
* The Sixers have lost 7 games by one or two points this season, including three buzzer beaters (Tony Parker at SA on 1/3, Dirk Nowitzki vs. DAL on 1/19, Devin Harris at NJ on 2/23) and four other game-winning shots in the final seconds (Rashard Lewis with 4.8 seconds left vs. ORL on 11/26, T.J. Ford with 3.7 seconds left vs. IND on 12/20, Brook Lopez with 16.8 second left vs. NJ on 1/31 and Ray Allen with 0.5 seconds left vs. BOS on 2/5).
* Philly has won the past two games it has played that have been decided by 3 or fewer points in after starting the season 3-7 in those games… two of the past three wins have been by double-digits after just once just one of the previous 11 wins were by 10+ points.
* The Sixers won in overtime at Portland on 3/23, marking just their second overtime game of the season (win at Chicago on 12/2)… Philly has yet to play an overtime game at home after having just one last season… the last time the Sixers went without an overtime game at home was in 1995-96… the last season in which Philly played fewer than three overtime games was 2001-02… the Sixers had just three OT games last season (1-2 mark).
* In the 52 games under Head Coach Tony DiLeo, the Sixers have scored 100+ points 25 times (99.5 ppg; 5172 total) compared to six times the first 23 games of the season… Philly is 25-6 when scoring 100+ points this season (25-8 in 2007-08)… over the past 20 games, the Sixers are averaging 101.3 ppg (2026 total) after averaging 94.3 ppg the 13 games prior.