Ben Gordon scores 10 millionth point in NBA regular season historyPosted by Inside Hoops
It’s been over 63 years since New York’s Ossie Schectman scored the first basket in NBA history on Nov. 1, 1946, at Maple Leaf Gardens, and tonight Ben Gordon of the Detroit Pistons scored the 10 millionth point in NBA regular season history.
It was Gordon’s successful jumpshot at The Palace of Auburn Hills with 3:51 remaining in the second quarter of the Pistons-76ers game that represented the 10,000,000th point in NBA history.
Following is a look at the NBA’s million-point milestones:
Point — Date — Game/Play
* 1,000,000 12/22/1962 Occurred in Detroit-Chicago, New York-Boston or Syracuse-San Francisco game.
* 2,000,000 1/9/1972 Occurred in Baltimore-Phoenix or Detroit-Buffalo game.
* 3,000,000 2/17/1978 Occurred in Indiana-Washington, Buffalo-Kansas City, Detroit-New York, New Jersey-Cleveland, or Philadelphia-San Antonio game.
* 4,000,000 2/18/1983 Scored by Philadelphia’s Moses Malone on a tip-in of own miss at 11:59 of the first quarter against Houston.
* 5,000,000 1/25/1988 Scored by Utah’s Rickey Green on 24-foot three- pointer as buzzer sounded ending third quarter against Cleveland.
* 6,000,000 3/23/1992 Scored by Atlanta’s Stacey Augmon on driving layup at 7:41 of second quarter against Golden State.
* 7,000,000 12/1/1996 Scored by Seattle’s Hersey Hawkins on a running 12-foot jumper at 4:42 of the fourth quarter against Utah.
* 8,000,000 4/15/2001 Scored by New Jersey’s Eddie Gill on a layup with 10:37 remaining in the fourth quarter against Boston.
* 9,000,000 12/28/2005 Scored by Portland’s Juan Dixon on a layup with 7:17 remaining in the second quarter against Philadelphia.
* 10,000,000 1/9/2010 Scored by Detroit’s Ben Gordon on a jumpshot with 3:51 remaining in the second quarter against Philadelphia.