Three Rockets reach 30 in win over SpursPosted by Inside Hoops
Friday night in Houston, the Rockets beat the San Antonio Spurs 109-104. Three Rockets went bonkers and scored 30 or more points. It’s the first time that has happened in team history.
Check out the post-game notes highlighting various Rockets accomplishments tonight:
- Tonight’s attendance of 18,195 marks the ninth sellout for the Rockets this season.
- Houston snapped a four-game (2/6/10-2/24/10) losing streak at Toyota Center with a 109-104 win over San Antonio tonight.
- The Rockets outscored the Spurs by a 31-14 count in the first quarter, which matched San Antonio’s season low for first quarter points (14 first on 11/6/09 at Portland). Houston’s 31 first-quarter points also marked its most over the opening 12 minutes since setting a season-high 39 first-quarter points vs. Golden State (2/2/10).
- Kevin Martin registered 33 points (9-24 FG, 14-14 FT), five rebounds and four assists tonight. Martin marked his 13th 20-point outing of the season (fourth 30-point game) and his first as a member of the Rockets.
- Luis Scola posted a career-best 30 points (8-17 FG, 14-14 FT) and 13 rebounds tonight, marking his 21st double-double of the season and the 59th double-double of his career. Scola’s previous high was 28 points (10-15 FG, 8-10 FT) at Golden State (4/10/09).
- Martin and Scola each tied Houston’s individual record for most free throws made in a game without a miss is 14-of-14 (14-14 FT by Don Kojis on 3/1/69 vs. L.A. Lakers, 14-14 FT by Cuttino Mobley on 3/8/01 vs. L.A. Clippers and 14-14 FT Yao Ming on 11/9/07 vs. Milwaukee). They were also the first Rockets tandem to go perfect from the line with 10 or more attempts since Calvin Murphy (10-10 FT) and Jimmy Walker (10-10 FT) vs. Golden State (11/22/1972).
- Aaron Brooks added 31 points (13-23 FG, 1-3 3FG) and three assists tonight. Brooks has now made at least one 3-pointer in a career-best 30 consecutive games (12/22/09-2/26/10), which is the second-longest such streak in team history (37 by Luther Head from 11/4/06-1/13/07).
- Tonight marked the second time this season the Rockets have had three starters net 20-plus points in the same game: Trevor Ariza (28), Shane Battier (23) and Luis Scola (20) at Sacramento (11/13/09). The last time prior to 2009-10 that three starters each posted 20 points in the same outing was back in 2006-07 (Yao-30, McGrady-25, Alston-21 on 4/14/07 vs. New Orleans).
- Tonight also marked the second time this season that a Rockets tandem reached 30 points in the same game (Brooks-34 and Landry-31 on 1/6/10 at Phoenix) and the first time ever in team history for three players with 30 points in the same outing.
- George Hill scored a career-high 26 points (8-14 FG, 3-5 3FG, 7-8 FT) tonight, netting 11 in the third quarter. His previous best was 23 twice before (last on 2/3/10 at Sacramento).
- Tim Duncan, who had 25 points (15-21 FT) and 14 rebounds in the last meeting at San Antonio (1/22/10), had 17 points (8-17 FG) and eight boards tonight.
- Manu Ginobili finished with eight points (1-8 FG, 6-6 FT) and a season-high 10 rebounds tonight. Ginobili has actually missed the last two Rockets-Spurs contests in Houston (3/14/09 and 11/27/09). He finished with 11 points (2-6 FG) and five turnovers in 21:42 off the bench in his last game played at Houston (11/29/08).
- Tony Park was placed on the inactive list tonight. Parker also missed two previous games due to a left hip flexor sprain (missed 2/11/10 at Denver and at 2/21/10 at Detroit).