Baron Davis and Monta Ellis rockingPosted by Inside Hoops
A positive-leaning glance at the Golden State Warriors lately:
Since starting the season 0-6, the Warriors have gone 40-17 (.702), which is the fourth-highest winning percentage in the NBA since that point (Boston .789, Detroit . 707, L.A. Lakers .707).
Golden State’s 40-23 mark through 63 games marks the team’s third-quickest trip to 40 wins since the team moved West in 1962.
Golden State currently leads the NBA in scoring at 110.9 points per game…The Warriors have scored 100-or-more points in 27 straight games, including 115-or-more in 14 of those contests and 120-or-more in six of those games.
The Warriors went 3-1 on their four-game road trip last week, improving their road record to 18-13 on the season – which marks the team’s most road wins since going 21-20 away from home in 1993-94.
Golden State has won seven of its last eight games and 20 of the last 27 overall.
* Scored 30-or-more points in three of Golden State’s four road contests last week.
* Capped Warriors 117-106 victory Wednesday vs. Toronto by registering 10 points and six assists in the decisive fourth quarter.
* Overall against the Raptors, tallied 23 points and 15 assists, while committing just one turnover in 40 minutes.
* For the season, is averaging 22.0 points (11th in NBA), 8.0 assists (7th in NBA), 4.6 rebounds, 2.40 steals (2nd in NBA) and 39.3 minutes (6th in NBA), having started all 63 games.
* In his last 21 games, is averaging 24.8 points on 59.3% (201-339 FG) shooting, along with 5.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.45 steals in 41.1 minutes.
* Has shot over 50.0% in 18 of his last 21 games, having attempted at least 10 field goals in all 21 of those games.
* Additionally, has shot over 60.0% in nine of those 21 games and over 70.0% six times.
* Has scored 30-or-more points nine times this season, including two of the last four contests.