C.J. Miles sets three-point shooting records for Jazz in win over BlazersPosted by Inside Hoops
Saturday in Portland, the Utah Jazz beat the Trail Blazers 103-94. Below are a few notes on C.J. Miles’ big game (25 points, 8-13 FG, 7-10 3FG; in fourth quarter: 17 points, 5-5 3FG):
- Set new career high for three-pointers made in a game (7).
- Was one shy of Jazz record for most three-pointers made in a game (8 by Jeff Hornacek vs. Seattle, 11/23/94).
- Tied Jazz record for most three-pointers attempted in a game with 10 (also by Bryon Russell @ Minnesota, 12/23/96).
- Tied Jazz record for most three-pointers made in a quarter with 5 (also by Gordan Giricek vs. Portland, 4/16/07 (4th)).
- Tied Jazz record for most three-pointers made in a half with 5 (sixth time, last also by C.J. Miles, @ Chicago (2nd), 3/9/10). Also done once each by Walter Bond, Jeff Hornacek, Bryon Russell and Gordan Giricek.
- Set new Jazz record for most three-pointers made in a quarter without a miss (5-5 in fourth quarter).
- Set new Jazz season highs for points off the bench (25), three-pointers made (7), three-pointers attempted (10) and tied Jazz season high for points in a fourth quarter (17, also by Deron Williams @ Orlando, 11/10).
The Jazz as a team also set new season highs for steals (10), free-throw percentage (1.000, 21-21), three-pointers made in a game (10) and field-goal percentage in a quarter (.722, 13-18 in fourth quarter) and tied its season high for three-pointers attempted with 19 (also @ Miami (OT), 11/9).