Mayor Kevin Johnson says Sacramento arena effort will proceed as plannedPosted by Inside Hoops
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson said Thursday his effort to build a sports and entertainment complex downtown will move forward despite today’s announcement that the National Basketball Association and its players’ union have broken off contract talks.
The league earlier this month canceled the first two weeks of the season. Further cancellations are expected as a result of today’s negotiations breakdown.
Johnson issued a statement reiterating his intention to build an arena for sports, concerts and other events, regardless of whether the Sacramento Kings play in it this year, or at any time.
– Reported by Tony Bizjak of the Sacramento Bee