Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133644)

bruceblitz 05-30-2009 09:51 AM

Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Hubie Brown holds players to the proper standard while holding the legacy of previous legends to the proper standard. You gotta love the way he always mentions Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson whenever LeBron James does something amazing. Hubie Brown's ability to keep historical perspective in today's media is hard to find.

Hubie Brown also analyzes the play on the court like no other. I also like Mike "the Czar of the telestrator" Fratello's abillity to dissect the action on the court but I think the combination of keeping historical perspective and the ability to dissect the action on the court puts Hubie Brown at the top.

Hubie also has such an easy to understand type style that he's able to educate the young fans on what to look for.

In today's hype driven sports media a Hubie Brown is hard to find. He's the polar opposite of the idiot Mark Jackson.

InfiniteBaskets 05-30-2009 09:59 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
I don't mind any announcers in particular but I do like Hubie a bit more than most. He talks a lot about in game stuff moreso than other announcers and it comes off as if he's coaching.

But I don't mind Reggie Miller or Mark Jackson b/c there are a lot of times where you can tell that the refs made a crappy call and they point it out.

pete's montreux 05-30-2009 10:01 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
I prefer Van Gundy.

bruceblitz 05-30-2009 10:04 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
I don't mind any announcers in particular but I do like Hubie a bit more than most. He talks a lot about in game stuff moreso than other announcers and it comes off as if he's coaching.

But I don't mind Reggie Miller or Mark Jackson b/c there are a lot of times where you can tell that the refs made a crappy call and they point it out.

OH, so your reason for wanting to keep Mark Jackson's dumbass around is because he calls out refs? Lame.

bruceblitz 05-30-2009 10:04 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I prefer Van Gundy.

So you prefer stupidity over substance.

pete's montreux 05-30-2009 10:33 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceblitz
So you prefer stupidity over substance.


Pretty much.

indiefan23 05-30-2009 10:34 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceblitz
Hubie Brown holds players to the proper standard while holding the legacy of previous legends to the proper standard. You gotta love the way he always mentions Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson whenever LeBron James does something amazing. Hubie Brown's ability to keep historical perspective in today's media is hard to find.

Hubie Brown also analyzes the play on the court like no other. I also like Mike "the Czar of the telestrator" Fratello's abillity to dissect the action on the court but I think the combination of keeping historical perspective and the ability to dissect the action on the court puts Hubie Brown at the top.

Hubie also has such an easy to understand type style that he's able to educate the young fans on what to look for.

In today's hype driven sports media a Hubie Brown is hard to find. He's the polar opposite of the idiot Mark Jackson.


Except that Lebron would own the Big O if they played eachother. Its pretty obvious.

bruceblitz 05-30-2009 10:39 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiefan23
Except that Lebron would own the Big O if they played eachother. Its pretty obvious.

Why do you people always do this? You drive me crazy!

FACTS:
IF BIG O WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS LEBRON HE WOULD BE BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER, AND MORE ATHLETIC.

IF LEBRON WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS THE BIG O HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE A BASKETBALL PLAYER, LEBRON WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE MICHAEL JORDAN'S OF THE WORLD TO INSPIRE HIM TO BECOME A BASKETBALL PLAYER. LEBRON MORE LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY JIM BROWN AND BECOME A FOOTBALL PLAYER OR MUHAMMAD ALI AND BECOME A BOXER.

Comparing players cross-eras is ridiculous. Disreguarding one of the best post scoring guards of all time is also ridiculous.

konex 05-30-2009 10:55 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
He was on Rome's show the other day breaking down Magic/Cavs and it was tremendous...

sixerfan82 05-30-2009 11:23 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Hubie Brown is probably the saving grace for commentators.

Mike Brien, and some of the other commentators that are they simply to make fantastic calls do an ok job IMO. But Van Gundy and Jackson say the most stupid of **** sometimes

They fight too much on mic and generally sound like 2 bickering children half the time.

The Magic Man 05-30-2009 11:30 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceblitz
Why do you people always do this? You drive me crazy!

FACTS:
IF BIG O WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS LEBRON HE WOULD BE BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER, AND MORE ATHLETIC.

IF LEBRON WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS THE BIG O HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE A BASKETBALL PLAYER, LEBRON WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE MICHAEL JORDAN'S OF THE WORLD TO INSPIRE HIM TO BECOME A BASKETBALL PLAYER. LEBRON MORE LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY JIM BROWN AND BECOME A FOOTBALL PLAYER OR MUHAMMAD ALI AND BECOME A BOXER.

Comparing players cross-eras is ridiculous. Disreguarding one of the best post scoring guards of all time is also ridiculous.



You having me on ignore is probably a good thing. That way you wont see how much of an idiot I think you are. Where the hell do you even get that logic from? The only reason LBJ plays ball is because of Jordan? Dude, you could probably be arrested for this type of fetish behavior.

Vragrant 05-30-2009 11:57 AM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Hubie is the best. He just focuses on the game and what each team is doing or not doing correctly. He is very unbiased, and you can tell he just likes watching good basketball. Plus he even gets excited when he sees a huge play.

Doug Collins is great too.

Van Gundy, Jackson are biased and sensationalistic which for me detracts from the viewing experience.

BRabbiT 05-30-2009 12:18 PM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
HB is one of the best to ever do it. Doug Collins is a perfect example. He knows so much that he often sounds annoyed when players don't do things "correctly".

Brown is the opposite. He seems to appreciate that round pegs don't fit in square holes. He must notice all kinds of mistakes. Yet, keeps his focus on more interesting aspects of the game he's watching.

he deserves more appreciation

D-Rose 05-30-2009 12:32 PM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Hubie and Fratello are my favorites.

Masterz313 05-30-2009 12:48 PM

Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRabbiT
HB is one of the best to ever do it. Doug Collins is a perfect example. He knows so much that he often sounds annoyed when players don't do things "correctly".

Brown is the opposite. He seems to appreciate that round pegs don't fit in square holes. He must notice all kinds of mistakes. Yet, keeps his focus on more interesting aspects of the game he's watching.

he deserves more appreciation




by far the best. brings such a refreshing perspective without the annoyance you mention with collins, and i feel like also with JVG.


wish hubie called every pro game. marv albert or gus johnson on play by play if im making the rules too.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy