Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Playoffs Round 1: Celtics vs Pacers Series Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465646)

Celtics 1825 04-11-2019 02:19 PM

Playoffs Round 1: Celtics vs Pacers Series Thread

Celtics (4) vs Pacers (5) Series Discussion Thread

Schedule:

Game 1: Sun, April 14 1 PM ET @ BOS [TNT]
Game 2: Wed, April 17 7 PM ET @ BOS [TNT]
Game 3: Fri, April 19 8:30 PM ET @ IND [ABC]
Game 4: Sun, April 21 1 PM ET @ IND [ABC]
Game 5*: Wed, April 24 @ BOS
Game 6*: Fri, April 26 @ IND
Game 7*: Sun, April 28 @ BOS

Will probably turn out to be the only interesting East first round matchup (Hope I'm wrong about that though, we'll see). Obviously I'm rooting for my Celtics but it will be tougher than expected especially without Smart. However we should still be able to take care of business in 6 games max.

colts19 04-11-2019 04:12 PM

Re: Playoffs Round 1: Celtics (4) vs Pacers (5) Series Thread

Hoping my Pacers make it entertaining. With Howard playing well I don't think it will go more than 5 games.

Sakkreth 04-11-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colts19
Hoping my Pacers make it entertaining. With Howard playing well I don't think it will go more than 5 games.

What?

Proctor 04-11-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakkreth
What?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Celtics 1825 04-11-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakkreth
What?

Dude doesn't even know who's on his own team :oldlol: :roll:

RRR3 04-11-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
Dude doesn't even know who's on his own team :oldlol: :roll:

He clearly meant Hayward.

Real Men Wear Green 04-11-2019 07:40 PM

Stevens isn't saying who will start at SG. Almost undoubtedly it will be Brown or Hayward. I'm guessing it will be Brown because he's been the starter at SG this season and was for all of last season, plus the bench could use Hayward more because Hayward is better at creating for others.

Real14 04-11-2019 08:06 PM

Celtics in 4 or 5 led by Batman Kyrie, and two Robins in Hayward, Tatum. :applause:

ReturnofJPR 04-11-2019 10:48 PM

What happened to the Celtics?! They just suck ass this year. The Pacers always being toughness but you have to like Boston in this one even tho I'm rooting for the underdog in every series this postseason.

ReturnofJPR 04-11-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Stevens isn't saying who will start at SG. Almost undoubtedly it will be Brown or Hayward. I'm guessing it will be Brown because he's been the starter at SG this season and was for all of last season, plus the bench could use Hayward more because Hayward is better at creating for others.

They're not the Patriots. 45-10. Those cute little games don't work without Belichick and Brady. That's a bad sign for a team not to know who their SG is for the playoffs! It should be obvious to everyone.

Real Men Wear Green 04-11-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
What happened to the Celtics?! They just suck ass this year.

Yeah I know. Everyone can't be the Bulls.

Naero 04-12-2019 12:46 AM

After the Celtics whiffed the Finals last year without their two-best players, you'd expect a 1-8 or 2-7 match-up with the Pacers who lost their own star mid-season, yet one game ultimately made the difference between HCA for these teams. There should be no more major surprises to the Celtics' dismay, though, who are simply built to peak in the playoffs.

A coach's impact is magnified during a seven-game series, which could very well favor the Celtics against any other team in the league. Nate McMillan has done an inspiring job in his own right with his perseverant team, but the "hard work will get you anywhere" pep talks become platitudinous come playoffs time; by then, it boils down more to a team's star-power and the Xs and Os battleŚX-factors easily within in the Celtics' wheelhouse here.

As shaky as the Celtics have been, who seemingly took their time to gel after reintegrating Kyrie and Hayward in the lineup, they still scare me the most out of any team out East. Between Kyrie's track record in the playoffs (granted, as a second option) and the new gear they showed in last year's postseason, I'm not going to misdetermine their playoffs strength by their regular-season underachievements; the Pacers, on the other hand, simply can't outstep their talent level for much longer without OladipoŚnot if their 5-17 record against playoffs teams since their star's injury is any predictor.

The Pacer's scrappy defense and pace control will keep the series tantalizingly competitive at times, but their anemic offense and starless roster isn't going to go unpunished by the Celtics in the end.

Bottom-line prediction: Celtics in six.

Jon Salley's 10 04-12-2019 01:21 AM

Two notoriously racist cities facing off
Is there anyway they could both lose ? :confusedshrug:

PickernRoller 04-12-2019 02:12 AM

Celtics in 5. They'll burn tho... so it will be yet another wasted year which is fine by me.

Jacques Webster 04-12-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
What happened to the Celtics?! They just suck ass this year. The Pacers always being toughness but you have to like Boston in this one even tho I'm rooting for the underdog in every series this postseason.

They didn't really live up to expectations but 49 wins isn't sucking ass.