View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
rifleman
I airball my layups

Default Re: Emulators and Roms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Anyone into emulators? I've got Emulators for the NES, SNES, Sega, and PSX. I'm going to get a N64 one, too. [Goldeneye, here I come]

I'm just d/led Project 64-1.6 for N64 games. I remember playing Hangtime and Wrestling games back in the day... now playing NBA showtime, which is pretty disappointing, and not just because Boston has a crap squad. Going to get NFL Blitz now.

Quote:
I'm having trouble getting the PSX roms working correctly, and at the right speed.

Which emulator are you using? Is it going too fast or too slow? If too fast, there might be a 'throttle' setting (turn that on).

Quote:
I tried MAME, but couldn't figure it out.
Get MAME32, which is alot easier to use with windows (no command prompt needed). Then paste your ROMs in the ROM directory. Double click your game to start. After the legal stuff, you press '5' to insert coins, '1' for player one, and you can press 'TAB' to configure stuff in game (like buttons/keys). I think default is left ctrl, left shft, enter... Plenty of good games on MAME... basically every arcade game ever made. I suggest Run and Gun, and NBA play by play (which I have a lonely thread about on this forum).
rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote