View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #61
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
I would hope so. Normally you wouldn't take anything Joey Dorsey says seriously, but we are talking about a teammate and very close friend of Derrick Rose. Paxson making up his mind before the June 16th (I'm pretty sure this is the date) workouts is pretty dumb, but after thinking about it, I won't be surprised if Beasley ends up being the pick. The day after the draft lottery, I was about 70% for Rose and 30% for Beasley. I felt that a franchise PG could really help some of these young, offensively challenged players on the team (and I still feel that way). But after thinking about it some more, I'm now 55% Rose and 45% Beasley. I realize this team needs an actual playmaker (Hinrich will never be that guy) just as much as they need a halfway decent big on the offensive end, but Beasley just completed one of the top 2-3 college seasons in NCAA history. Even if his size becomes somewhat of an issue in the NBA, I have no doubt that he'd easily, easily be the best offensive player on this team. We'll just have to wait and see. I thought Rose was a lock after hearing other Bulls fans' opinions, but not anymore.

6'9"-6'10" and 265 pounds...how is that an issue at all? That is a great PF body for the NBA, and the fact that he can jump, put the ball on the floor and stroke it he could even play the 3 position at times.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote