View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: Should we trade Hinrich and Gordon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
I say they should trade Hinrich. Gordon's defense drives me crazy, but let's face it......his shooting can carry the Bulls at times. If they can trade for a decent big and add the speed and creativity of Rose, it could make things really nice for Gordon. I would package Hinrich along with either Gooden or Nocioni for a big man. The Bulls could throw in next years number one to sweeten the deal. If the Bulls can trade Larry Hughes, PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!! I don't think he's a good fit for the Bulls. He's acting as though he's going to be the GO TO Bull when he's never been the star player on any team in his career. If possible..I think Pax should target Kirilenko and J. O'Neal. Marion too, if he becomes available. Those three guys have large contracts so the Bulls could package two or three players and clear up a log jam at G and F. Trade Hinrich and resign Duhon!!!

Possibilities....( Notice how I didn't include Hughes in any of these line-ups. I just don't like his fit...UNLESS we trade Gordon.)

PF Kirilenko PF O'Neal PF Marion
SF Deng SF Deng SF Deng
C Noah C Noah C Noah
SG Gordon/Sefolosha SG Gordon/Sefolosha SG Gordon/Sefolosha
PG Rose PG Rose PG Rose

Iffy since AK is more of a SF. IMO this lineup looks better than the first or third one.

Hinrich
Gordon/Sefolosha
Deng
Beasley
Noah

Second one would be a real good team if Chicago could pull it off, obviously Hinrich would be gone but Tyrus would have to stay if Rose is on board. But I know most people here think getting O'Neal could potentially hurt the team due to injury issues and him exiting his prime - something you don't really want with a team full of young players who still need a year or two to develop their game.

Marion could work in a deal to get rid of Hinrich, but then you just bring on board another huge contract - and yet again he is more of a 3 than Beasley is. If there was a deal to workout how you could sign and trade Deng away to get a big man then there could be something there, even though you would have just created a huge monster called the Miami Heat.

Hinrich.
Wade.
Beasley.

That team with Pat Riley...

Not to mention to deal Hinrich in a trade to get Marion, there is going to have to be like 3 million added ontop of Hinrich's contract to match Marion's. Resign Duhon and throw him in? Nocioni and Hinrich for Marion and Haslem?

Personally I think we should wait until the workouts are over before we start saying Chicago is drafting Rose. Beasley fits Chicago's need right now with the current roster more than Rose does, and Beasley is the better player - he proved it week in and week out during college that he was the most skilled player in the country.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote