View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Cigarette/sin taxes

For the record, I smoke around a pack a day. I drink plentifully. I do not have qualms with sin taxes. When there are healthier/cheaper alternatives, the pocketbook is one of, if not the, most obvious way to achieve a healthier lifestyle.

Indiana is potentially increasing the cigg tax by 62 cents. Fine, if you really want people to quit dying early and are willing to put any new taxes towards already outstanding debt. The problem I have with it is that here locally, these taxes are being used to fund healthcare and other programs while being pushed through with the alleged purpose of getting people to quit smoking. So, should this reasoning prove, well, reasonable, and people really do stop where does the funding continue to come from if not other new taxes? It's this type of short term governing that only looks towards the next election that disgusts me.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote