View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So you would all rather have no gun laws or what? You either need laws with punishments that deter carrying illegal guns, or you don't. You can't have laws, but if you like the guy personally and think he's nice you don't punish him.

He pleaded guilty - he WAS guilty. He's not going to get more than a nominal jail time, so if you have a problem with this you basically don't want any gun laws. Am i wrong?
What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably get aquitted, or maybe get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote