View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #80
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I think third should get something, to make it that far they were probably a power house in the regular season and thus have a good body of work may have gotten unlucky.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and regular season champ should get paid. I think regular season champ > point total leader, so sure you can take the 100 away from the point leader and add 70 to winner 30 to 2nd?

765 for 1st, 271 for 2nd, 100 for 3rd, 100 for regular season champ.
I agree. Everyone loves giving all of the money to 1st and 2nd before the season has started, but if you have a really great season and come up a little short, it is really awful to get absolutely nothing for the time and work that you invested. I've been there several times.

Especially when we are talking about the difference between 2nd and 3rd, which really could come down to bracketing and the luck of being matched up against inferior teams while the two best are on the same side of the bracket.

Third place should at least get their money back. I'd be good with what you noted... Maybe a little less for 1st and a little more for 2nd.

Keep in mind that we only have $1,200, though. I don't know how we ended up with such an odd numbered pot last season.

I'd be good with...

1st - $700
2nd - $300
3rd - $100
regular season champ - $100

Makes sense to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote