View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
CavaliersFTW
7-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Who here is afraid of heights? (Crazy vid, hypothetical scenario discussion!)

This question is for people with any varying degree of fear of heights - if somebody said you could win 1 billion U.S. dollars no catch 100% guaranteed if you did exactly what these workers are doing in the video (with only the equipment they have) - and just 1 week to prepare for it (training, safety / technique / practice runs) - would you do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_h2AjJaMw

I personally am afraid of heights to a certain extent - I'm not afraid to go on any ladder or say, climb a tree less than 15 feet but beyond 20 feet I start to get nervous, and when I climb to the tops of 80 and 100 foot firetowers and such to say I am not full of adrenaline and nervous when I'm doing it would be a lie. For 1 billion dollars as a prize, I would lose sleep over this all week and would probably have a massive panic attack / heart attack once I got off the elevator of that thing upon preparing to climb but I think i'd give it a shot lol

If that deal wouldn't get you to climb it, or if it is overkill, what would it take to get you to carry a bucket of dangling tools up that radio tower w/o any personal safety ropes to replace the lightbulb at the very top?

Last edited by CavaliersFTW : 10-14-2012 at 10:58 PM.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote