View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah....you overrreacted like a typical young fan who has no knowledge about the real lives of pro athletes. Do you really believe the crap about athletes lives that is printed Do you actually think any sports reporter is going to tell what a person is drinking or who they are sleeping with and still have a job???? You have absolutely no idea.
Do you know how many great athletes got drunk the night before big games and played their @sses off? Man, when Magic was playing you could find almost the entire team drinking at the Century Club after games....everyone except Kareem and A.C., did you know that in baseball, the players took amphetamines before games until they were banned in 2006? Bottom line is that players need relaxants to offset the stress and pains of a long season and they do all sorts of stuff that isn't made public......the writers and sportscasters know this very well but it is off limits.
I knew a baseball player who always had his biggest games after drinking until 4am. If you knew how many guys still smoke weed after games....and drank, you'd be shocked. Alcohol drinking has no effect on performance for anyone unless you have a real problem. Don't be such a naive kid.
Metta said he used to drink at halftime....lol.

Easy on the "kid stuff". You know I've never appreciated that.

Metta used to drink at halftime, when he was immature. He even said that it was when he was young and dumb and he was clearly nowhere near winning a championship. When he became serious, and turned his focus to his health and to winning....he came to LA and won a trophy.

It doesn't matter if the entire world of pro-athletes party and drink before games. It doesn't make it right.

Kobe Bryant, as much as I am critical of his playing style, is one of the most dedicated basketball players. He doesn't go out and drink during the season. He's always focused on what the lakers are paying him to do.

In our world, if you're caught being hung over at work, you get into trouble with your superiors. In many jobs, you have to be tested for certain foreign substances in your body. Basically, if it ain't okay here, it ain't okay in their world. They still do it....i agree....all the time. But it doesn't make it right.

Would you jump off of a bridge if everyone else did?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote