Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

   

Default Re: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    I think it did this team good to have him here. Remember our first year in Brooklyn, people were saying how there was no definite vocal leader on our team and we lost to the Bulls because we weren't tough? Well I definitely feel like we were tougher last year. Guys like D-Will and Joe, who are notorious for being quiet and emotionless, have both shown a lot more emotion since KG was here. Hell last night D-Will got mad at the ref on a no-call, got pissed and proceeded to drop 10 straight points and bring us back in the game. Let's not forget KG also helped with Mason's development and helped motivate Brook whenever he was having an off night.

Just my opinion but I really think KG helped this team find a spine.
    those are very good points.

maybe both things are true-- that he was an excellent influence but he also had to move on for the team to take that next step.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    those are very good points.

maybe both things are true-- that he was an excellent influence but he also had to move on for the team to take that next step.
    Don't get me wrong as much as I love KG, I'm glad we have Thad Young now instead of him.

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Don't get me wrong as much as I love KG, I'm glad we have Thad Young now instead of him.
    it's amazing how the trade deadline turned out.

one moment we're giving up lopez and stuff to get a ballhog PG... the next, we're somehow getting thad young for an ancient KG. talk about disaster narrowly averted.

in a fantasy realm in my head, king is in charge of drafting, the russians never again interfere with the GM's job, and a co-GM is hired who's an expert at trades.

it's amazing how the trade deadline turned out.

one moment we're giving up lopez and stuff to get a ballhog PG... the next, we're somehow getting thad young for an ancient KG. talk about disaster narrowly averted.

in a fantasy realm in my head, king is in charge of drafting, the russians never again interfere with the GM's job, and a co-GM is hired who's an expert at trades.
    That fantasy would be nice lol

Would you guys rather vs the Hawks or the Cavs?

   

i read somewhere that the cavs have been the hottest team since the all-star break, while the hawks have been slowing down lately. so i'm leaning towards the hawks.

considering the difficulty of these last five games, #8 seems like a pretty likely spot.

Almost pulled out a huge comeback win tonight against the Hawks. They are a helluva team man. The ball movement is so crisp and everyone plays great defense. They'll be very tough if we do face them. But to answer my own question I think I'd rather go Hawks too. I think playing consecutive games against them, we'd eventually figure out how they work and put up a decent fight. Also it's best to avoid LeBron James as much as possible.

   

wow, things sure turned around in a hurry. i wonder if the nets are allergic to pressure?

so now if i understand correctly, the nets have to win their last game and indy needs its six-game win streak snapped in order for us to retake the #8 seed and sneak in to the playoffs.

atlanta about to get in to the draft lottery.

and when it rains, it pours. PP just slammed the nets and various players pretty hard. but i think his comments would have gone over a lot better if he and KG had shown more on the actual court.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/4/14/8...deron-williams

wow, things sure turned around in a hurry. i wonder if the nets are allergic to pressure?

so now if i understand correctly, the nets have to win their last game and indy needs its six-game win streak snapped in order for us to retake the #8 seed and sneak in to the playoffs.

atlanta about to get in to the draft lottery.

and when it rains, it pours. PP just slammed the nets and various players pretty hard. but i think his comments would have gone over a lot better if he and KG had shown more on the actual court.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/4/14/8...deron-williams

Being a Nets fan is never easy huh?

I feel Pierce is still salty about not getting offered a contract last off season but a lot of what he said is true. Joe and Deron are not leaders.

Go Grizzlies.

WE'RE IN FELLAS!

   

I was at the game last night. Plumlee did an awesome job on Nikola Vucevic in the fourth until the magic intentionally fouled him. Then hollies took him right out for Brook. Just thought it went unnoticed. I was impressed.

The grizzles were down last night until the spurs game was over and they saw they lost. Then they knew they had a real chance at a good seed. Thank goodness they were still playing for something or gasol would have probably say out with his hurt ankle. He put up great numbers in that game.

Well it wasn't the best season they've had in Brooklyn. Somehow they make the playoffs though. The biggest difference from this season compared to years past was that they didn't have a consistent bench. Mirza kinda regressed this season and then had that horrible lung situation. Blanche gone. Kirilenko couldn't even play well enough for the rotation. Markel wasn't used until the end of the allstar break. Bojan has played well off the bench in April and this may be the answer for where he fits. 6th man role. How about 28 off the bench in a must win important game.

Hope the nets are at least somewhat competitive. Unless they improve their bench this offseason somehow.... Good luck trying to sneak into the playoffs next year with this core...

   

cool! #8 nets (1-2) are so far doing better than:

#4 toronto (0-3)

#6 milwaukee (0-3)

#7 boston (0-3)

...playing against the team with the second-best record in the NBA.

Backdoor sweep? Can we do it? CAN WEE? Go brook.

   

brook had another nice game but i was getting seriously worried when he started breaking out those dirk and kareem moves later in the game and killing the momentum from that awesome 19-0 run.

know your game, son.