Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (3) Houston Rockets

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (3) Houston Rockets

Leonard is way too important offensively to exhaust him on defense chasing Harden.

He'll guard Harden at times, but Green and committee will be doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Spurs in 6 or 7.

College superstar

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (3) Houston Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Leonard is way too important offensively to exhaust him on defense chasing Harden.

He'll guard Harden at times, but Green and committee will be doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Spurs in 6 or 7.

Trevor Ariza's one's of the most underrated one on one defenders in NBA history even at his current age. It will be an interesting matchup between Ariza and Leonard.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Trevor Ariza's one's of the most underrated one on one defenders in NBA history even at his current age. It will be an interesting matchup between Ariza and Leonard.
    Yes, definitely something to look forward to.

I think Leonard is unstoppable one on one at this point, so as always with superstars it'll be a committee effort.

pop gona bend antoni once again for old times sake

I didn't see this thread, so I created one. Mods, feel free to delete it.

Here's my analysis:

If the Beard plays MVP caliber ball, and the rest of the team hit their threes at above average, and they limit the Spurs to 100 ppg, the Rockets can steal the series.

Harden will get his numbers, about 25 ppg, 8 apg, etc., because he's a ball-dominant player in a system tailor-made for his talents. He'll chuck a lot and generate points via free throws or assists. But it's unlikely that he'll shoot over 45%, or keep his turnovers under 5 per pop.

The Spurs will win because they avoid cheap fouls, control the Rockets' offense to 100 ppg, and superior at half-court execution, as well as scoring effectively on fast breaks. The Rockets rely overmuch on drawing fouls, getting open threes, and scoring in the 110 plus. But the Spurs will not grant them charity fouls, and they will run the Rockets off the 3 point line.

Leonard, while not as explosive or dominant as Westbrook, is a far more efficient scorer and a destructive defensive player.

San Antonio in 6

I usually hit open layups

Spurs have been waiting 22 years to avenge DRob getting posterized by Hakeem...

Quote Originally Posted by kav23
    Spurs have been waiting 22 years to avenge DRob getting posterized by Hakeem...

He got put in a blender on rocket speed

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    Can't believe I've gotta watch so much Houston

Such a boring, fraud of a team.

Nobody on social media likes the Rockets except for Adidas.

Yeah, let's just sticky the Cavs and Boston Round 2 threads

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs

He got put in a blender on rocket speed

Sad that he got crossed over by a center.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Rockets in 6

Old ass Parker, Gasol, and Ginobili will finally be exposed
    SPURS IN 5,ROCKETS PLAYS ZERO D

Good High School Starter

Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Nene, Dekker and Harrell is a much better potent bench then the Spurs. Houston's bench along with the Cavs and the Warriors is elite.

rockets in 6

Good college starter

I think the Rocket's have a decent chance.

Tony Parker showed up in the last series, but I dont think you can expect that again. Leaving Kawhi.

LMA might show up though. He's feast or Famine, and none on the rockets should be able to guard him at the 4 I think

NBA rookie of the year

Spurs in 4......I see Houston only winning three qtrs