Page 1 of 65 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 975
  1. #1
    Great college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Default The Soccer Discussion Thread

    The old thread is gone?

    We are gonna have three Clasicos in the span of a month!
    Champions league is close as well.

  2. #2
    NBA Superstar fiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    14,956

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Incoming sweep?

  3. #3
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,108

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    The littest CL round is about to go underway

  4. #4
    Great college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Man U got raped by PSG. Didn't actually see that happening, thought it would be competitive.

    Real will crush Ajax. Nothing to discuss there. Real isn't THAT good but they are way more experienced. Battle hardened veterans especially a loaded team at that cannot be bet against.

    Dortmund will beat a depleted Tottenham team although it won't be too easy. Spurs have played well without Kane and BVB don't have Reus.

    I think (hope!) Barca will beat Lyon but it won't be easy. Lyon is actually a very good squad. Depay, Fekir, Traore, Moussa Dembele.

    I felt confident that Liverpool can beat Bayern but Van Dijk not playing the first leg has me a bit reserved. I will root for the Reds but if they concede 2+ goals at home, it will be tough and I could see it happen without their rock on defense. VVD is their most irreplaceable player.

    Man City will obliterate Schalke. 8-1 on aggregate is my prediction.

    Thoughts on Atletico vs. Juventus. Perhaps surpisingly to some, I predict that one will be a rout too. Atleti still have the same name and largely the same roster as a few years ago but they are a shell. Allowed 4 goals to Dortmund, 3 goals to Girona, 3 to Real... Coming into this game in horrible form and low on confidence and morale. Godin already told the team he's leaving. Koke is hurt. Players don't have that same fire in them. Juventus wins 5-1 on aggregate. And some posters will have an orgasm cuz Ronaldo is gonna put four past these guys. You heard it here first. Two months ago I expected this to be the best tie... Truth is Juve too have had some poor defensive games but that was without Chielini and Bonucci. They will have both against Atleti so they are gonna roll.

  5. #5
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,108

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8
    Man U got raped by PSG. Didn't actually see that happening, thought it would be competitive.

    Real will crush Ajax. Nothing to discuss there. Real isn't THAT good but they are way more experienced. Battle hardened veterans especially a loaded team at that cannot be bet against.

    Dortmund will beat a depleted Tottenham team although it won't be too easy. Spurs have played well without Kane and BVB don't have Reus.

    I think (hope!) Barca will beat Lyon but it won't be easy. Lyon is actually a very good squad. Depay, Fekir, Traore, Moussa Dembele.

    I felt confident that Liverpool can beat Bayern but Van Dijk not playing the first leg has me a bit reserved. I will root for the Reds but if they concede 2+ goals at home, it will be tough and I could see it happen without their rock on defense. VVD is their most irreplaceable player.

    Man City will obliterate Schalke. 8-1 on aggregate is my prediction.

    Thoughts on Atletico vs. Juventus. Perhaps surpisingly to some, I predict that one will be a rout too. Atleti still have the same name and largely the same roster as a few years ago but they are a shell. Allowed 4 goals to Dortmund, 3 goals to Girona, 3 to Real... Coming into this game in horrible form and low on confidence and morale. Godin already told the team he's leaving. Koke is hurt. Players don't have that same fire in them. Juventus wins 5-1 on aggregate. And some posters will have an orgasm cuz Ronaldo is gonna put four past these guys. You heard it here first. Two months ago I expected this to be the best tie... Truth is Juve too have had some poor defensive games but that was without Chielini and Bonucci. They will have both against Atleti so they are gonna roll.

  6. #6
    Great college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Ajax badly outplayed Real but suffered from poor finishing and yet another officiating travesty. How do you disallow that goal? How do you not call a free kick on that push? How do a few Real players not have yellow cards in the first half? They don't have Ronaldo but sure they still have the refs on their side.

  7. #7
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,108

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    I knew Real would get a late winner

  8. #8
    Great college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    The officiating was a travesty. Ajax got robbed. Should be at least 2-2 and that's not taking into account momentum. They were the better team on the pitch.

    In other news, Dortmund lays an egg. I expected Spurs to be competitive and even get a win but not 3-0. Disaster!

  9. #9
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,771

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    I had work. WTF happened with Dortmund?


  10. #10
    NBA Superstar fiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    14,956

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    I had work. WTF happened with Dortmund?

    UEFA...rig jobs every now and then

  11. #11
    L alenleomessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11,297

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Maybe its because i got a government job and too much money to care but football this season has really gotten boring for me.. Especially barca.. Coutinho malcom boateng vidal rakitic lenglet alena are taking the life out of me.. Also la liga is kinda boring without CR im not gonna lie.. Im still liking the EPL but even there we know whats gonna happen.. Liverpool will choke again

    Clear to say ill ptobably be like a casual fan once messi is gone

  12. #12
    d-y-n-a-s-t-y hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,771

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Maybe its because i got a government job and too much money to care but football this season has really gotten boring for me.. Especially barca.. Coutinho malcom boateng vidal rakitic lenglet alena are taking the life out of me.. Also la liga is kinda boring without CR im not gonna lie.. Im still liking the EPL but even there we know whats gonna happen.. Liverpool will choke again

    Clear to say ill ptobably be like a casual fan once messi is gone
    EPL and Bundesliga are more interesting than previous seasons. I actually think it would be nice if BVB wins the Bundesliga since it may force Bayern to stop being cheap twats in the market.

  13. #13
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,645

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    I'll never got why La Liga is so popular worldwide. Sure they have two of the world's best clubs in Barcelona and Real Madrid but watching that league where basically only Barcelona or Real Madrid will win the Liga has got to get boring at some point. I realize Atletico has recently also won but its like if the NBA only the Lakers or Celtics would win year in and year out...who the hell wants to see that?

  14. #14
    Great college starter dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I'll never got why La Liga is so popular worldwide. Sure they have two of the world's best clubs in Barcelona and Real Madrid but watching that league where basically only Barcelona or Real Madrid will win the Liga has got to get boring at some point. I realize Atletico has recently also won but its like if the NBA only the Lakers or Celtics would win year in and year out...who the hell wants to see that?
    It's popular because the best soccer is played in La Liga. Not just in terms of quality which is undeniable but excitement. The last two years though, EPL has definitely become more offensively minded.

  15. #15
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,108

    Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

    Lmao. I love Juve here, but damn, you CAN'T disallow that goal. I'd be FURIOUS if it was for "my" team. Every slow-mo excaggerates/over-accentuates the slightiest, most insignificant of touches...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •